I Have a Root Canal Tomorrow...

Hangman

How bad is it? Come on, seriously...

I hate going to the dentist a lot. I hate the whole idea of it.. But it's that line of thinking that is the reason I have to have this procedure done tomorrow.

People keep telling me it's not as bad as it used to be, and that it's not even a serious procedure anymore. Maybe I'm just freaked out by the root canal legend... The thoughts of a TV dentist drilling someone's teeth... I'm creeped just thinking about it.

Why would anyone become a dentist? What a disgusting profession.

Anyways... Any and all feedback is appreciated.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom just had one yesterday actually. She was freaking out because she's never had one before, but said it wasn't bad at all. Aside from the fact it took about an hour and a half, she said it was relatively painless, and she was already chewing on it later that night.

Hangman, tomorrow night at this time you'll be wondering why you stressed out about it at all. It's really pretty much pain free - well, except for the extremely large needle that they numb your mouth with!:scared:LOL

But really, it's not much at all. Just try not to slobber too much or you will have to keep that suction hose going full time! Good Luck!

Had one about 6 months ago... its like a really long filling. My dentist gave me the option for the laughing gas a few times during it, but I like to test my pain threshold and denied it. I had probably 6 shots of novacaine throughout the hour and a half it took but it didn't hurt. But you can kinda smell it, thats the weird part.

Best part was after an hour and a half she told me I won't be able to save it, then she pulled it.

I was at normal activities that night, and I also had a filling on the opposite side done when I was there. If your at all worried get the gas.

I hate going to the dentist a lot. I hate the whole idea of it.. But it's that line of thinking that is the reason I have to have this procedure done tomorrow.

People keep telling me it's not as bad as it used to be, and that it's not even a serious procedure anymore. Maybe I'm just freaked out by the root canal legend... The thoughts of a TV dentist drilling someone's teeth... I'm creeped just thinking about it.

No doubt.

I would like to put your mind at ease and help you more but you really don't want to hear my experience with a root canal . Lets just say that I no longer go to that paticular dentist.....:D

WOW... what a disturbing thread to read.

Now , anyone want to discuss catheters, colonoscapy ,or other fun-filled rectal exams?

Catheters would be a new one to discuss. :lol: We haven't covered that topic yet.