Terry Bradshaw Says He Used Steroids

Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said in a radio interview with Dan Patrick last week that he used steroids during the 1970s, when he was leading the Pittsburgh Steelers to four Super Bowl titles.

Bradshaw indicated that he obtained the steroids with a doctor's prescription, and that his primary motivation in using them was to recover from injuries, not to build muscle.

LINK

If it is legal then so be it, I work in a pharmacy and I see prescription steriods day in and day out used to help men recover from injuries. As long as they're used for the right reason I see no harm.

Im sure every other athlete who took steroids would claim they used them for the "right reason." :rolleyes:

If it is legal then so be it, I work in a pharmacy and I see prescription steriods day in and day out used to help men recover from injuries. As long as they're used for the right reason I see no harm.

No bias in that comment????

I took steroids for two weeks in high school to help me recover from a back injury dealing with inflamation...it happens. Why would Bradshaw come out now and say this though, what's his motive or point?

My guess is he was answering a direct question; I haven't heard the interview. Regardless, there is not much to gain for Bradshaw to admit something like steroid use/abuse -- which is pretty much accepted as a commonplace thing in the 1970s NFL.

Was it right for him -- or Mike Webster, who eventually lost his life from steroid abuse -- to use them? No. But it's pretty hard to assume what was known (or what athletes of the time knew) about the potential long-term damage steroids can cause at that point in time.

What separates Bradshaw from any current/recent known abusers is that there was absolutely no mystery about what current athletes are/were doing when they juiced.

Wonder how much if any, Steve Corson and Mike Webster, helped in providing some enhancements during this time.

Tunch Ilkin, John Kolb, and on and on and on. I had to use steroids myself. Poison Ivy when I was 10, back when the Steelers had already won their 2nd superbowl and I was Lynn Swann tiptoeing before going "out of bounds" to nab one in front of Jack Tatum. (out of bounds was harsh)