What Is Your Favorite Cake

cvillecat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'75, my granny made a great homemade fruit cake. I never could stomach the store kind after eating my granny's for so long. But someone gave me a Neiman Marcus fruit cake this past Christmas. I let it sit around for three months before I had the courage to try it. I want to tell you, it was out of this world--very moist and insanely flavorful. If you like fruitcakes, give one of those a try.

Do I have to put a second mortgage on my house? :D I will try it because the only home made ones I get are when my sister makes them. My wife refuses to have anything to do with them. Thanks.

Every year for my birthday, my husband's grandmother made a chocolate cake from SCRATCH with chocolate homemade icing. It was so very very good.

I ask my grocery store manager regularly where the SCRATCH is. They never have any. Frisch's has SCRATCH, it says so on their menu..."our soups are made from scratch" I would make more things from scratch if Krogers would stock it on their shelves.

My favorite cakes...angel food, pineapple upside down and even though I am not a fan of frosting, carrot cake.

My mom makes this real heavy lemon pound cake with vanilla icing that is just to die for. She also makes pineapple upside down cake, but I've never been much of a fan. She's a great baker -- strong German woman raised on an Iowa farm. Makes a fantastic apple pie as well.