What Is Your Favorite Cake

cvillecat

I have two....

Red Velvet cake

Heath Bar cake

I have a Red Velvet Cake recipe that was handed down to me from my great Aunt. Of course it is from scratch and it is the best. Tricky to make and I have had a do over a time or two but it is the best if I must say so myself.

Trying to figure out how to make it Blue.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Red Velvet Cake recipe that was handed down to me from my great Aunt. Of course it is from scratch and it is the best. Tricky to make and I have had a do over a time or two but it is the best if I must say so myself.
Cold glass of milk and I'm ready.

I hate to admit it but it's fruitcake. Not store bought, homemade.

'75, my granny made a great homemade fruit cake. I never could stomach the store kind after eating my granny's for so long. But someone gave me a Neiman Marcus fruit cake this past Christmas. I let it sit around for three months before I had the courage to try it. I want to tell you, it was out of this world--very moist and insanely flavorful. If you like fruitcakes, give one of those a try.

Guys, my mom makes a cake called "Man on the Moon" Cake. It is very rich, but absolutely crazy good. I have never heard anyone else mention this cake. I don't know if it was her creation or if it was passed down to her from family. I know it uses four cups of apples, nuts , and has some sort of very rich cream cheese type icing. You guys would absolutely love it.

If anyone wants the recipe, I'll get it from her and pass it on to you. PM me if interested.

Home made carrot cake w/ buttermilk icing

My mom's home made fruit cake

Zuchini bread, also made from scratch w/ fresh picked zuchini

Mounds cake, it's a german choc stack cake w/ filling between the layers like a mounds candy bar. It's awesome!

Fresh baked peach cobbler is hard to beat, too.

Guys, my mom makes a cake called "Man on the Moon" Cake. It is very rich, but absolutely crazy good. I have never heard anyone else mention this cake. I don't know if it was her creation or if it was passed down to her from family. I know it uses four cups of apples, nuts , and has some sort of very rich cream cheese type icing. You guys would absolutely love it.

If anyone wants the recipe, I'll get it from her and pass it on to you. PM me if interested.

My grandmother, used to fix this if I recall. It had diced apples and nuts in it, plus cinnamon. Very good, if the same.

Home made carrot cake w/ buttermilk icing

My mom's home made fruit cake

Zuchini bread, also made from scratch w/ fresh picked zuchini

Mounds cake, it's a german choc stack cake w/ filling between the layers like a mounds candy bar. It's awesome!

My late step grandmother was in her '90's and still made Zuchini bread...good stuff.

This sounds nasty, but years ago my mother made a cake where the recipe came from the back of a Campbell's soup can; she called it tomato soup cake. Very similar to applesauce cake or spice cake; had cream cheese-based icing. It really was good, once you got past the name.

Mounds cake, it's a german choc stack cake w/ filling between the layers like a mounds candy bar.
This reminds me of a conversation I had yesterday with my brother's girlfriend. She' immigrated from Germany. She said that, in Germany, they have no idea what "German chocolate" is. She said there's no such thing over there. They also don't have anything like what we call "pie." But I cracked up when she told me she had never heard of a "Yule log."

Man, my high school German teacher has a lot of 'splainin' to do! :lol: