Chien-Ming Wang Injured: It's the NL's fault

http://scott-miller.blogs.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/view/6270335?tag=Hank%20Steinbrenner

My God! A pitcher running the bases?

What could possibly be next?

A pitcher catching an infield pop-up? A pitcher fielding a ground ball?

Nooooo! Not that! Anything but that!

"My only message is simple: The National League needs to join the 21st century," Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner huffed in the wake of Chien-Ming Wang's injured foot. "They need to grow up and join the 21st century."

Hank Steinbrenner is just plain crazy. He got hurt RUNNING. It's not like the Houston Astros have an obstacle course on the basepaths.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hank's an idiot...

I totally agree. George needs to step back in and give the ownership to a possible son-in-law. Just pick some guy off the street and tell him to marry his daughter and you own the Yankees. That's it.

I totally agree. George needs to step back in and give the ownership to a possible son-in-law. Just pick some guy off the street and tell him to marry his daughter and you own the Yankees. That's it.

It worked before.

Hank is an idiot and anyone that believes him and agrees with what he said, well then I just feel sorry for you. It's an utter shame that the Yankees would have such a no class guy represent such a historic and iconic organization in the manner that he has thus far.

I think he's totally right on this. He may be an idiot, but why do the pitchers hit? The AL has the biggest advantage ever in postseason home games. It is freaking crazy. That rule was from the early 1900's. It is the 21st century. He is right.

I think he's totally right on this. He may be an idiot, but why do the pitchers hit? The AL has the biggest advantage ever in postseason home games. It is freaking crazy. That rule was from the early 1900's. It is the 21st century. He is right.

:confused: If anything, the NL has the advantage in home postseason games. At least their pitchers have hit and bunted all year, while some of the AL pitchers haven't picked up a bat since college or high school. The NL can easily plug a bench player into that DH role, or move a starter to the DH spot and put in a better defensive player in his spot in the field.

And why shouldn't pitchers hit too? They're baseball players, right?

You're completely wrong on this one. Having pitchers hit, adds the pinch hitting role, which adds situational hitting and more strategy to the games. It's not the National League's fault that an apparent pitcher can't run the bases. :rolleyes:

:confused: If anything, the NL has the advantage in home postseason games. At least their pitchers have hit and bunted all year, while some of the AL pitchers haven't picked up a bat since college or high school. The NL can easily plug a bench player into that DH role, or move a starter to the DH spot and put in a better defensive player in his spot in the field.

And why shouldn't pitchers hit too? They're baseball players, right?

You really don't think its an advantage to play all year having the DH? You budget all year for it and you have guys like Papi, and Giambi, and some other big money guys already in your payroll and lineup. So for instance the Sox already have an everyday really good player playing 1st. But when for example, the Rockies play in the AL park last year they either DH a sub or DH a regular and put a sub in the lineup. I'd be willing to bet anything that the regular DH this year in interleague play outhits the "DH" from the NL teams by more hits than the pitchers in the NL outhit the AL pitchers.

You're completely wrong on this one. Having pitchers hit, adds the pinch hitting role, which adds situational hitting and more strategy to the games. It's not the National League's fault that an apparent pitcher can't run the bases. :rolleyes:

:thumb:

Just b/c I have an opinion different that yours that makes me completely wrong? Ok, now that you're off of your high horse. Who cares? Name another major sport that plays by different rules based on conference. Waiting patiently. Name another major sport that plays by totally different rules in the championship game or series b/c of a venue change..... Would the NFL play the Superbowl w/ different rules than every other game played the entire year? Uh no.

It's absurd for teams to compete for the same title under totally different rules. It gives the AL the biggest advantage ever for home games.