Fathers Day, what are you getting your dad?

gold sunrise

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish my dad were still around to celebrate Fathers Day with. It's been 6 years this past March. I encourage everyone that still has their father with them here on earth to spend some quality time with their dad on Fathers Day.

I wish my dad were still around to celebrate Fathers Day with. It's been 6 years this past March. I encourage everyone that still has their father with them here on earth to spend some quality time with their dad on Fathers Day.

I am lucky to still have my dad here. He is 88 and in very poor health. I agree, making memories with him is what I will cherish.

Probably a real nice bottle of whisky, and maybe a box of golf balls. How much do golf balls cost, anyway? I don't golf, so I have no clue. I guess they come in lots of a dozen per box?

Depends on the brand you get. I know that Pro V ones are around $45.00 a box.

I am lucky to still have my dad here. He is 88 and in very poor health. I agree, making memories with him is what I will cherish.

Gold sunrise, I know how you feel. My dad is a Vietnam vet and he gave me the one American flag that he brought back with him. It is the ONE material possession that I would be determined to take with me, were there to be a catastrophe in the TB&G household.

That said, my dad lives in Colorado, so I won't get to spend Fathers Day with him, but I will be going out for 11 days at the end of June/beginning of July. He should receive a package tomorrow from amazon.com that has five books on a variety of topics that he loves, including Native American history, fly fishing and rose gardening.

My father passed away five years ago this June 26th. I miss him terribly.

My children are getting their dad a gift card to the local Harley Davidson Shop. I have no idea the cost on chrome for his handlebar levers but that is what he has looked at the last few times were in Harley shops.

My dad just died April 25th after an unfortunately short battle with pancreatic cancer. I really miss him this summer because he should be attending our summer baseball games. Going through some old pictures is both fun and very sad. Seeing him in pictures where he's young breaks my heart. Who knows that their life will end at the age of 68?

For something different for your dad, put together a neat collage of pictures in a nice frame for him. Everyone likes looking at pictures and reminiscing about past times and events. Right now pictures are all I have of my dad. Kind of a shame . . . . :cry: