Early Big East 08-09 predictions

GO CATS

One corner is a reload, Jerome Murphy. He was primary backup at CB last year and came in as nickle on passing downs. He may be a little small, but is fast as lightning. He had 2 forced fumbles and 2 interceptions last year. The strength of the secondary is the safeties, though. Nate Allen, the guy pictured in my post in the Phil Steele thread, and Carlton Williams both return. Having said that, the Bulls did have a bunch of DBs redshirt last year, so there are a lot of question marks.

Oh yeah, Delbert Alvarado is back as the kicking heart attack. :scared:

Couldn't they find anyone else to do it? That kid is pretty erratic.

Couldn't they find anyone else to do it? That kid is pretty erratic.
Key word there is kid. He'll be a junior this year. He did hit 10 of his last 11 with the one miss being a blocked. However, this one has me scratching my head, too.

This could be a very exciting year in the Big East. Only Syracuse doesn't come in thinking they have a shot at winning it.

:thumb: I agree with you on that. Although I do believe that West Virginia will come out on top depending on how smoothly the coaching change goes, which I don't think will be very bad at all.

I may be in the minority, but I am not having a good feeling about WVU being one of the tops in the country. They lost quite a bit and I feel a rush decision was made on promoting the assistant to the head job. I am not a big fan of hiring within, so maybe that is clouding my judgement. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying they are a .500 team, but I see them losing, at the least, 2 regular season games.

I may be in the minority, but I am not having a good feeling about WVU being one of the tops in the country. They lost quite a bit and I feel a rush decision was made on promoting the assistant to the head job. I am not a big fan of hiring within, so maybe that is clouding my judgement. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying they are a .500 team, but I see them losing, at the least, 2 regular season games.

Agreed. I don't think they did the program any long term good hiring Stewart...