Everybody plays in Fort Thomas...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!

Not only do you never know who might be good once they get to high school, but you also never know what kid will either not play, get injured, turn to other sports, etc.

I loved Hoge's quote:

"Everybody that is practicing should play," Hoge said. Nobody is winning the Super Bowl here, nobody is getting fired, nobody is making money doing what we are doing and we need to keep that in perspective."

This is maybe the most important reason that Highlands and NewCath have become so good. The FTJFL has fostered a love for football. You can not motivate someone, that is internal. By fostering a love for football, the FTJFL has given the youth an avenue to learn something that they enjoy and want to get better at, internal motivation. Seeing your teams compete for state championships doesn't hurt either.

My son played last year and loved it. He too was getting the snot kicked out of him by one of the older kids. He never complained, he'd just line back up and get hammered on the next play. What's great about this league, like his baseball team, it's not all about winning, it's about learning the fundamentals and having fun.

My son played last year and loved it. He too was getting the snot kicked out of him by one of the older kids. He never complained, he'd just line back up and get hammered on the next play. What's great about this league, like his baseball team, it's not all about winning, it's about learning the fundamentals and having fun.

I'm really glad to hear that your son enjoyed last year. That's fantastic.

My son enjoyed his time in the league even though he never started. I always thought they played an entire half of the game because that's usually what he got in. I really liked how the second teams would go against each other as the talent level remained pretty even usually. Anyway, it kept him interested and he has remained with the sport as he goes into his sophmore year at HHS. I doubt that would have happened without the playing time.

My stepson is going into 2nd grade and he is signing up for the 3/4 division because he has a late birthday. He played in the WestSide Parochial league last year as a 1st grader and loved it. His mom cant wait to watch him play in the FTJRFL and neither can I.

Neil Hollingsworth is a good guy as well, I played ball with him in high school and he has a vested interest in the kids and seeing them all do well. The coaching is pretty good in this league as well and they dont kill them with practices everynight like other leagues.

A great league. The proof is in the pudding. I would say 95% of these kids who continue to play go on and play for Highlands. The league prepares young football players to win state championships.

A great league. The proof is in the pudding. I would say 95% of these kids who continue to play go on and play for Highlands. The league prepares young football players to win state championships.

Football camp is next week, if you want to see Dale selling the program stop on up and watch, he does a great job working with the kids.