Everybody plays in Fort Thomas...

No need to bash the NKYFL, the NKY league has done a fine job in many respects and it isn't any different than the majority of youth sports.

The Fort Thomas league is pure genius by the powers that be. However, I think the FT league needs to look at playing competitive ball the last year or two (meaning with 7th and 8th graders).

Well i think the 7th & 8th grade teams are doing just fine. Playing in the Freshman Championship the last 4 years and winning 3 of them is proof enough. I coached a 7th & 8th grade team with current varsity assistant coach Brian Weinrich back in the early 90's and i think we played in the NKYFL. The 3 years i coached we lost in the semi's, lost once in the finals and my final year we won the whole thing. It was always us and Simon Kenton. Why have 2 teams with 26 players on each team with limited playing time or 4 teams with everybody playing every game.

Edited by BoomGoesTheCannon
s

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ru, No one envolved with the Fort Thomas Junior Football League would ever bash the NKYFL we just have a difference of opinion as to how we want to keep ALL the kids envolved with the sport. Before Dale Mueller became the head coach of Highlands football, as Boom mentioned we were in the NKYFL, I believed Highlands had years with as few as 30-40 players. This of course translated to fewer number of people qualified to play certain positions. Highlands now has at least 4-5 players competing at each position instead of 2 which in turn has generated competition within the team. Now it becomes the Highlands coaches responsibility to put players will they think the player will excel and help the TEAM. I know personally that the coaches love having the numbers at each position and now our numbers are approaching 80-100 (if not more) players involved in football at Highlands.