Your favorite Music Artists/Groups from Ky

ScarHeel

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite would have to be 7eventh Time Down. It's a Christian Rock group from Rockcastle County.

Other I like are Montgomery Gentry, Ricky Skaggs, Billy Ray Cyrus, Nappy Roots, Halfway to Hazard, The Judds, Keith Whitley, Dwight Yoakam, Nick Lachey (I'll claim him since he was born in Harlan, KY), Stringbean, John Michael Montgomery, Loretta Lynn, Patty Lovelass, and The Osborne Brothers.

Let me not forget one of the most influential and one of the greatest Bluegrass musicians ever, Mr. Bill Monroe.

My favorite would have to be 7eventh Time Down. It's a Christian Rock group from Rockcastle County.

Other I like are Montgomery Gentry, Ricky Skaggs, Billy Ray Cyrus, Nappy Roots, Halfway to Hazard, The Judds, Keith Whitley, Dwight Yoakam, Nick Lachey (I'll claim him since he was born in Harlan, KY), Stringbean, John Michael Montgomery, Loretta Lynn, Patty Lovelass, and The Osborne Brothers.

Let me not forget one of the most influential and one of the greatest Bluegrass musicians ever, Mr. Bill Monroe.

Have you ever attended the Osborne Brothers Festival here in Leslie County???

Have you ever attended the Osborne Brothers Festival here in Leslie County???

Nothing personal, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to Leslie County for any reason, unless they were obligated to. That said, I've visited there a number of times.

Nothing personal, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to Leslie County for any reason, unless they were obligated to. That said, I've visited there a number of times.

As sad as it is to say, I agree with you. Unless you are a big Osborne Brothers fan, coming to visit family or wanting to see hundreds of elk & ride ATV's then there really Isn't a reason to go.

It has to be Nappy Roots.

Even though PH and I do not like their music....we love the people. At least one was a football player at Bowling Green High....and, at my last place I worked, most of the members would come and visit some of our clients...actually, they knew the guy who worked with me. They are really a nice bunch of guys! I know that they have faced some problems, and that was unfortunate and uncalled for...but, when they were younger, they all seemed really nice.

7eventh Time Down

My Morning Jacket

Good Morning Gladys

EYESUPONUS

Dwight Yoakum

Circle 4

Waiting West

So you've heard of 7eventh Time Down?

They'll be playing at the Icthus Festival here pretty soon. There are going to be some pretty big names in the Christian Rock scene playing there. 7TD will be playing on the Deep End Stage.