Does Obama Need Hillary?

On the back end of the ticket...

Obama is struggling , in particular, with white women, who have overwhelmingly supported Hillary. Over the last six weeks or so, she has garnered 6.8 million votes to his 6.2 . Many view her as tougher in the national security arena than him.

What appeared early on like an unworkable team may not be so now simply because Obama may need Hillary to help secure the win in November. What do you think? Do you think the Obama team needs to start talking seriously with Clinton about joining the ticket? I think her strong finish and his struggles of late may make it a real possibility.

What's your view? Does Obama need Hillary on the ticket?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bill Richardson is a done deal for the VP. John Edwards is a done deal for AG. Obama would like to have Hillary's supporters, but he doesn't need the Clinton's baggage.

Oh no, not Edwards as AG. That would be terrible, terrible, terrible. You think you've seen companies move off shore in the past. Stand by to stand by if that happens.

Hillary as VP makes a lot more sense than Edwards as AG - but I would not expect a sensible Obama administration.

What Obama needs more than Hillary on the ticket is for Hillary not to undermine him in the general election. I am not sure that he will get her best effort regardless of what he does. Hillary wants to be president and nothing less.

I would not be surprised if Hillary got caught leaking damaging information to Fox News and condemning Fox publicly for running it. :lol:

I think he needs her to have a chance to win in November, but I don't think he will choose her. Their campaign has gone on too long, and there's been much bitter dialogue between them, with Bill thrown into the mix too much for Obama's liking as well. Obama couldn't trust either of them, plus he couldn't have the stage to himself as much as he would like. Hillary and her ego would never allow that. Therefore, I don't see them ever being a team.

An Obama/Clinton ticket is a winner for the Dems. I just can't see Hillary being the side kick to this greenhorn.
I just don't think Hillary wants to be VP. Even if she is on the ticket, if I were Obama I would be worried that I might not be getting her best effort. She needs to be viable in 2012 and I don't think being Obama's VP gets her any closer to that goal. Being part of an unsuccessful 2008 VP candidate would make her the 2012 frontrunner, IMO.

I just don't think Hillary wants to be VP. Even if she is on the ticket, if I were Obama I would be worried that I might not be getting her best effort. She needs to be viable in 2012 and I don't think being Obama's VP gets her any closer to that goal. Being part of an unsuccessful 2008 VP candidate would make her the 2012 frontrunner, IMO.

If I were Obama, I'd be more worried about a bullet in the back of the head. :scared:

Depends on how badly she wants the job. If she keeps the Clinton backers bitter in a move for bargaining power to make the bottom of the ticket, yes he has to have her. If she starts to mend fences and convince her supporters to go for Obama because she doesn't really want the job (or wants it offered so that she can decline) then he doesn't need her.

Depends on how badly she wants the job. If she keeps the Clinton backers bitter in a move for bargaining power to make the bottom of the ticket, yes he has to have her. If she starts to mend fences and convince her supporters to go for Obama because she doesn't really want the job (or wants it offered so that she can decline) then he doesn't need her.

If she really wants the job of President, what do you see her doing? Supporting Obama or sabotaging him so she can get another shot in 2012?