Jay Bruce

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss Corey Patterson....

About as much as I'll miss Josh Fogg:lol: I'd rather have Bruce on one leg than Patterson. If the Reds could just clear the rest of the outfield especially Griff. I love him but I wish he would hit his homerun+go so the Reds could get better.

They won't win the division this year, maybe make a run at the Wild Card. You forget, the Cubs have the best record in the majors and are looking really really good.

True but the Cubs have played a boatload of home games. I think they have played something like 10 more home games than the Reds. I dont think they are going to run away and hide.

About as much as I'll miss Josh Fogg:lol: I'd rather have Bruce on one leg than Patterson. If the Reds could just clear the rest of the outfield especially Griff. I love him but I wish he would hit his homerun+go so the Reds could get better.

So who are the players that will replace Dunn and Jr that are going to make them better?

So who are the players that will replace Dunn and Jr that are going to make them better?

Well I'm going to get absolutely ripped for this, but if we have to get rid of Dunn and Jr. Then I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup for the time being, as we figure something else out.

Hairston- has been a great leadoff man if he could continue this level of play

Hopper- when he comes back great sac guy and OBP if hairston fails to get on

Bruce- Lot to ask out of him, but he's Jay frickin Bruce

Phillips- He's been doing a good job thus far

Votto- Hopefully he'll stay on the right track and hit us about .300 with pop

Keppinger- Hopefully he'll pick up where he left off when he comes back

E5 or Phillips- Edwin can get hot every now and then or Phillips can hopefully do what he did down in triple a

Bako/Ross- Looks like Ross has started to take some playing time away from Bako recently

Well I'm going to get absolutely ripped for this, but if we have to get rid of Dunn and Jr. Then I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup for the time being, as we figure something else out.

Hairston- has been a great leadoff man if he could continue this level of play

Hopper- when he comes back great sac guy and OBP if hairston fails to get on

Bruce- Lot to ask out of him, but he's Jay frickin Bruce

Phillips- He's been doing a good job thus far

Votto- Hopefully he'll stay on the right track and hit us about .300 with pop

Keppinger- Hopefully he'll pick up where he left off when he comes back

E5 or Phillips- Edwin can get hot every now and then or Phillips can hopefully do what he did down in triple a

Bako/Ross- Looks like Ross has started to take some playing time away from Bako recently

So, you are going to replace Jr and Dunn's numbers with players on the roster that have not shown the ability to produce the numbers they produce IN ADDITION to the numbers that they (exception Bruce) already produce.

I see nowhere on there the approximate 180 RBI's or more that Dunn and Jr are going to produce.

But simply, they are the Cubs.:D

They will find someway to mess it up.

The last time they had the best record in baseball this late in the season, was in 1908, and they won the World Series. Just spittin' some knowledge I learned. (yes it was on Sports Center.)

To bad the Reds are dumb we could be seeing him all year and most likely with a better record. Nobody can keep the pace he is on but it's been a given all year that he was the best player in the minors. The Reds dropped the ball not starting the season with him up. I stuck with them when things were bad and I don't feel any different. The Reds have the young talent and starters to have a shot at post season play. Bailey living up to the hype would be the boost that could put them over the edge. I don't think he'll be what we hoped for when he came up but if he can just be pretty solid+consistant then it could be huge.

If Homer just starts throwing the ball over the plate, we have two number one's in Harang and Volquez, then three solid number two's in Bronson,Cueto, and homer who both have number one stuff. I think we are one year away (that being the start of next season) from not just contenders but a threat in the NL. It might hinge on the way the Adam Dunn contract is handled.