Jay Bruce

Bruce is off to a great start and he looks awesome. A run into the post-season, requires pitching.

I 100% agree, whenever one thins that they have enough pitching then.................they need more pitching. :thumb:

I don't really think that the Reds will make a run at division title or playoffs this season,. Jay Bruce as the original post said has given this Reds team a much needed shot in the arm and has energized everyone. Hopefully that feeling will continue.

We all know that there is no way that Bruce will keep up this amazing pace but I do believe that he is for real and we have a solid player for years to come. I just hope that the fans do not get to expecting him to "win it all by himself" and/or put undue pressure on him. He can play, no doubt about it and lets just enjoy it and see what happens.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can see another reason why Hamilton became expendable.

I still make that trade...Volquez for Hamilton....but there are far too many people that harp on that trade and feel as if the Reds got hosed.

The Reds needed pitching and we certainly got it in the Hamilton trade, had the pitching that we got been a flop then I would be ticked but that certainly is not the case.

That's what everyone said about the Red Sox and White Sox for years.......Three Championships the last 4 seasons combined later......

Add in the Cubs championships and you have 3 of the last 4.:sssh::lol::jump:

And just for the record, isn't it about 90 years they have been saying it about the Cubbies?

Add in the Cubs championships and you have 3 of the last 4.:sssh::lol::jump:

And just for the record, isn't it about 90 years they have been saying it about the Cubbies?

Actually 99 but it was 86 for the Red Sox. I wouldn't be too quick to make fun of this season's Cubs team. I went to a Red Sox-Braves game in 2004 and had to sit right in front of a Yankee fan in a Babe Ruth jersey waving a 1918 sign at me the whole time, I don't think he'd have much to say to me now. Baseball's "cursed" teams seem to be shedding those labels recently. Now I can chant 2000 or 1990 at Yankees or Reds fans if I want and this year's Cubs team has the talent to put 1908 to rest too.

To bad the Reds are dumb we could be seeing him all year and most likely with a better record. Nobody can keep the pace he is on but it's been a given all year that he was the best player in the minors. The Reds dropped the ball not starting the season with him up. I stuck with them when things were bad and I don't feel any different. The Reds have the young talent and starters to have a shot at post season play. Bailey living up to the hype would be the boost that could put them over the edge. I don't think he'll be what we hoped for when he came up but if he can just be pretty solid+consistant then it could be huge.

Let's not talk about the Cubs on a Jay Bruce threaad. Not bc of hijacking but I am afraid that the mere mention of the Cubs and their history may rub off on Bruce :scared:. We cannot chance that dang billy goat making a visit! :sssh:.

So Please, no mention of Cubs and Bruce in the same thread...Oh crap, I just did!.:lol:

Let's not talk about the Cubs on a Jay Bruce threaad. Not bc of hijacking but I am afraid that the mere mention of the Cubs and their history may rub off on Bruce :scared:. We cannot chance that dang billy goat making a visit! :sssh:.

So Please, no mention of Cubs and Bruce in the same thread...Oh crap, I just did!.:lol:

Great point OR.

I stand humbly chastised and will not mention the Dumbies anymore in this thread.

Bruce was dealing with an injury, had a below average spring and started off just as slow in Louisville. He got healthy, got his confidence up, killed it in AAA and arrived in Cincinnati ready to go. Right call at the right time...