Bailey to start Thursday against the Phillies

LRCW

Home Bailey is pitching Thursday - in Philadelphia, not Louisville.

When the Cincinnati Reds said they were putting Josh Fogg on the disabled list Sunday, I was tempted to ask, “With what, inflammation of the earned run average?”

But that would be cruel and he says he has back spasms. I’ve had back spasms. Nothing funny about it, especially when you can’t untie your shoes.

To replace him, the Reds called up relief pitcher Gary Majewski, which begs the question. Who starts Thursday in Philadelphia, Fogg’s turn?

Manager Dusty Baker was coy about it, but it is finally Homer Bailey time. Bailey was scheduled to pitch for the Class AAA Louisville Bats tonight and will, but is expected to pitch only two innings and take the rest of the night off.

He’ll face the Phillies Thursday in Philadelphia

Hal McCoy

Well, I honestly hope he pitches very very well, and stays up here to be apart of this growing dynasty. ( Ya think I'm gettin a lttle to excited over this Team?) I really do feel it though, with this new management, hopefully these losing years will be gone for awhile.

Like I said, I really hope Homer does well though. If he doesn't pitch well this time up, I could see the Reds considering moving him.

When he pitched for the first time last year he had all the pressure on him to be "the savior".

Now he comes in kinda under the radar with Votto and now Bruce getting all the headlines, not to mention Voltron.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him get pasted, but I wouldn't be surprised if he pitches halfway decent either. I really don't think he will pitch well over the long haul, but I would love to be wrong about that.

Home Bailey is pitching Thursday - in Philadelphia, not Louisville.

When the Cincinnati Reds said they were putting Josh Fogg on the disabled list Sunday, I was tempted to ask, “With what, inflammation of the earned run average?”

But that would be cruel and he says he has back spasms. I’ve had back spasms. Nothing funny about it, especially when you can’t untie your shoes.

To replace him, the Reds called up relief pitcher Gary Majewski, which begs the question. Who starts Thursday in Philadelphia, Fogg’s turn?

Manager Dusty Baker was coy about it, but it is finally Homer Bailey time. Bailey was scheduled to pitch for the Class AAA Louisville Bats tonight and will, but is expected to pitch only two innings and take the rest of the night off.

He’ll face the Phillies Thursday in Philadelphia

Hal McCoy

Could this signal the end of Stormy Weathers in the 8th inning starting Thursday? With the Magic Man's call up will Weathers get DFA'd or go DL?:banana:

I think this is just as good an option as Fogg, and makes more sense than Maloney and Pettyjohn because they aren't on the 40 man, and Thompson just got promoted from AA and I have heard that he only has 2 real reliable pitches...

Hopefully he'll grow up and mature between now and Thursday. Heard today on the extra innings show that when a reporter asked him after his last start if has learned anything he said in a sarcastic tone "NO" and turned his back on the reporter. Just another incident in a long line of immature acts on his part since being sent back down last year and not getting to come north this spring.