Fights on CBS

sportsfan41

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to see some good fights on free tv, tune into Versus tonight for the WEC show. The main event is Pulver vs Faber and it should be a great fight. You will definently see a better product than what you saw with Elite XC last night. Starts at 9pm I believe.

I've never seen anything like Thomson's ear. For the love of God.

I believe that happened once in the UFC, with a cauliflower ear popping.

People get cauliflower ear all the time from grappling a lot, but usually they drain it before a fight. Not sure why they didn't stick a needle in that bad boy and release some of that fluid before the fight.

If you want to see some good fights on free tv, tune into Versus tonight for the WEC show. The main event is Pulver vs Faber and it should be a great fight. You will definently see a better product than what you saw with Elite XC last night. Starts at 9pm I believe.

:thumb:

The WEC is owned by Zuffa. Zuffa is the company that also owns the UFC.

I believe that happened once in the UFC, with a cauliflower ear popping.

People get cauliflower ear all the time from grappling a lot, but usually they drain it before a fight. Not sure why they didn't stick a needle in that bad boy and release some of that fluid before the fight.

I guess they just wanted to add to the freak show.

Yeah i'm excited about this one. I'm hoping Pulver can pull this out and get a title defense in Seattle. Pulver was on Jim Rome the other day and he has had an unbelievable life growing up.

Dana White was just on sportscenter and said that he was very dissappointed in the product put in front of america last night. He did defend MMA and said it has every right to be on national televison.He talked about the violence in the NFL and the injuries the game produced and compared that to the lack of serious injuries in the UFC.

Who else is on the card tonight? I almost forgot about this.

Main Card Bouts (Telecast live on Versus):

-Rob McCullough vs. Kenneth Alexander

-Mark Munoz vs. Chuck Grigsby

-Miguel Torres vs. Yoshiro Maeda

-Urijah Faber vs. Jens Pulver

Main Card Bouts (Telecast live on Versus):

-Rob McCullough vs. Kenneth Alexander

-Mark Munoz vs. Chuck Grigsby

-Miguel Torres vs. Yoshiro Maeda

-Urijah Faber vs. Jens Pulver

Be interesting to see if Razor Rob can bounce back after losing his title. I think Torres is the 135lb champ so I guess that makes 2 title fights tonight. Really really looking forward to the main event.

Dana White was just on sportscenter and said that he was very dissappointed in the product put in front of america last night. He did defend MMA and said it has every right to be on national televison.He talked about the violence in the NFL and the injuries the game produced and compared that to the lack of serious injuries in the UFC.

Dana and the UFC could have easily had this deal with CBS before Elite XC. What happened last night probably would have happened with the UFC if Dana had taken the deal that CBS wanted. The whole reason they turned the deal down was because CBS wanted to be in control of the show but Dana would not allow it so that is why no deal ever got done. White now looks very smart for sticking to his guns and not giving in just to get the deal done. It would have been a big blow to the UFC to put their name on a show like we saw last night.

Be interesting to see if Razor Rob can bounce back after losing his title. I think Torres is the 135lb champ so I guess that makes 2 title fights tonight. Really really looking forward to the main event.

Yes, he's the Bantamweight champion.

Faber is the Featherweight champion.

Only thing that might make this card better is if Paul Filho was on the card.