Fights on CBS

sportsfan41

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a boxing fan as well, but boxing is no where near the level of excitement found in an MMA bout. Combining boxing, kickboxing, jiu jitsu, American wrestling, judo, sambo, and any other fighting style creates very exciting fights.
That's just punk street brawling. Boxing is a real sport. :thumb:

box.gif

I do not know how EliteXC can continue much longer after this. That was the worst night of fighting I've seen in a while. A few early stoppages IMO, with the worst coming in the final fight. Kimbo gets owned for the first two rounds, then the ref steps in and stops it while they're both still standing!?!?!

Kimbo lands a few unanswered punches standing, and the ref steps in and stops it. This was terrible terrible terrible. The fight was fixed IMO...they didn't want their main attraction to lose.

That's just punk street brawling. Boxing is a real sport. :thumb:

You obviously don't know much about MMA. It's far more than just punk street brawling. Kimbo Slice is punk street brawling. MMA is about technique and skill. It's about Kickboxing, Boxing, Jiu Jitsu, Judo and any other martial art that is beneficial and IMO is much more difficult than boxing. MMA is a REAL sport.

I do not know how EliteXC can continue much longer after this. That was the worst night of fighting I've seen in a while. A few early stoppages IMO, with the worst coming in the final fight. Kimbo gets owned for the first two rounds, then the ref steps in and stops it while they're both still standing!?!?!

Kimbo lands a few unanswered punches standing, and the ref steps in and stops it. This was terrible terrible terrible. The fight was fixed IMO...they didn't want their main attraction to lose.

I agree! They stopped the last two fights way to fast.

I agree! They stopped the last two fights way to fast.

Yup. Bad night for EliteXC IMO. I know I'll never pay for an EliteXC PPV. So unless they plan on showing every one of their events for free, I'm not watching much more EliteXC.

It's a poor situation. Either EliteXC gets no exposer and has good fights, or EliteXC gets plenty of exposure with poor fights because the crowd favorite (Kimbo) wins. From what he told me, there will be about 3 or 4 more of these type of fights in which Kimbo wins, and then the real stuff happens. Definently disappointing.

It's a poor situation. Either EliteXC gets no exposer and has good fights, or EliteXC gets plenty of exposure with poor fights because the crowd favorite (Kimbo) wins. From what he told me, there will be about 3 or 4 more of these type of fights in which Kimbo wins, and then the real stuff happens. Definently disappointing.

I'll not watch another EliteXC event with Kimbo as the main event. Tonight was awful from the beginning.

Kimbo should never be in the main event again. The stoppages in the last two fights were very questionable, especially in the Kimbo fight. Very odd...

I have to say, it was a bad national primetime night for MMA.

CBS and the UFC nearly struck a deal but it fell through. EliteXC stepped in and made the deal happen. Bad move by CBS. If they wanted to showcase the best of MMA, they should have worked something out with the UFC.

While tonight does hurt MMA some (in the eyes of the casual fight fan) it hurts EliteXC the most. Die hard MMA fans now know for sure that EliteXC is a joke. Like I said earlier, I will not be surprised to see the EliteXC organization go under soon. They might get a couple more events, but I don't think they'll be around much longer. There have been a lot of promotions popping up trying to compete with the UFC and they either fail, or get bought out by Zuffa (like the WFA and WEC). EliteXC will fail and the fighters of this organization will all be looking for work elsewhere.

Tonight wasn't for diehard MMC fans...

I understand tonight wasn't intended for die hard MMA fans, but EliteXC did a bad job producing tonights event either way. Anyone who watched tonight should know that was a bad night of fights.

I think the only MMA promotions that have a chance of being decent are DREAM and the newest one, Affliction. EliteXC blew it's chance to be a good promotion tonight IMO.

You obviously don't know much about MMA. It's far more than just punk street brawling. Kimbo Slice is punk street brawling. MMA is about technique and skill. It's about Kickboxing, Boxing, Jiu Jitsu, Judo and any other martial art that is beneficial and IMO is much more difficult than boxing. MMA is a REAL sport.

:thumb: Agreed.

Tonight just was not quality exposure for MMA. This was like billing the XFL as the NFL.