Fights on CBS

sportsfan41

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sitting here right now with Jason Williams, former NBA player and the guy who helped produced this event. Any questions for him?

Did they hire someone from the WWE to help produce this event? Because it feels like I'm watching wrestling at this point.

Also, why not make Scott Smith vs Robbie Lawler the main event? It's a title fight with two good fighters, not a fight with an unproven street fighter vs a guy who could get KO'd in his sleep.

Also, we're 25 minutes in and we haven't seen a fight yet, what gives?

When will we see Slice go up against Brock Lesner(sp) or a fighter who isn't a has been or a never was?

Lesnar is in the UFC right now, so until Kimbo moves on from EliteXC or Brock gets released from the UFC, we wont' see that.

Plus, that would be a terrible fight for Kimbo. Brock would take him down and dominate him on the ground IMO.

Did they hire someone from the WWE to help produce this event? Because it feels like I'm watching wrestling at this point.

Also, why not make Scott Smith vs Robbie Lawler the main event? It's a title fight with two good fighters, not a fight with an unproven street fighter vs a guy who could get KO'd in his sleep.

Also, we're 25 minutes in and we haven't seen a fight yet, what gives?

When will we see Slice go up against Brock Lesner(sp) or a fighter who isn't a has been or a never was?

I am too scared to ask most of those questions. I will ask about WWE.

I am too scared to ask most of those questions. I will ask about WWE.

You don't have to ask any of those...:lol:

I'm just a little disappointed with the production of this event thus far. They're making it seem like wrestling. They have dancers, and rappers...

I'm a fight fan. I'm watching this for the fights, not for the rappers, dancers etc.

Maybe CBS in Columbus did us a favor by not airing this because it sounds a little WWE like.

It is. Phil Baroni came out with a red robe on and was walked to the cage by a bunch of women, literally. It feels like I'm watching Monday Night Raw, with real fighting. Although the fights have been a little odd too. Seems like the refs are eager to top the fights...

Great, now we move on to the first ever womens MMA fight I will have ever seen. I'm not too interested in this fight.

I'm actually looking forward to the Lawler/Smith fight, and am kind of anxious to see how fast Kimbo KO's Thompson.