CAL 6 Saint Xavier 4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was heck of a game, and all of the credit in the world goes to CAL. They exploded for 6 runs in one inning and that was all it took. X tried to battle back but it was too little, too late. After watching CAL play this week in 3 games, they are not the team people thought they were. They are the real deal, they hit the ball and play great defense. If their pitching holds up, I look for them to make it to Applebee's.

With that said, X has nothing to hang their heads about. Staying in the top 5 in the state for most of the season, being the runner-up in the toughest region in the state by far, and finishing with a 33-6 record is impressive. This X senior class has been arguably the best group of seniors for baseball in several years. Finishing undefeated as freshman, losing only 4 or 5 as JVs and 6 this year. The majority of them didn't play regularly as juniors. But to combine for roughly a 75-10 record over their careers is impressive. Nothing to hang your heads about, you played a heck of a game.

Great job Tigers!!

Keep on rolling CAL, represent the 7th region well!

Great ballgame all around how about the kid for CAL freshman pitcher Mitch Wiley throwing slow pitch baseball up there I loved it. He had a sneaky fastball, an eefus pitch and the knuckler. He was crafty in his ability to get the job done and Eichberger finished out with 3 strong innings. This CAL team continues to amaze me they don't have any "aces" on this team but with change of speeds they continued to get it done. I really believe X was the better team hands down in a 3 game series X wins 2 out of 3 at least but that's what I love with one and done format anybody can win. CAL is fundamentally sound with good hitting, small ball aproaches and great coaching like someone said in another post Bill Gray is a magician.

Congrate to CAL! To the St. X seniors, keep your heads up. You had a great season and 4 years. To the St. X parents that cheered for CAL Wednesday night against Trinity down the left field line, be careful what you wish for! Maybe you guys shouldn't have cheered so much when Deeds got thrown out of the game! It probably would have been better if CAL'S SS was thrown out!

When was the last time a "small" school won the 7th region?

Apparently, with the current set up, NEVER!

Whitefield Academy, Louisville Collegiate, and Kentucky Country Day are the smaller schools besides CAL in the 7th region. Moore may qualify now, but they used to be one of the larger schools in Jefferson County. I'm not sure if the Mustangs ever one the region. Atherton currently has around 1,000 students, used to be very competitve when their enrollment was larger back in the 70s and 80s.

If we (the Catholic "powers"::irked:) must have a scapegoat, it must be the new Archbishop of Louisville. :D

This sort of outrage never happened under Archbishop Kelly!:lol:

One school defeating Trinity and St. Xavier on consecutive days is very rare. :eek:

Best of luck to the Centurions.:banana:

Congrate to CAL! To the St. X seniors, keep your heads up. You had a great season and 4 years. To the St. X parents that cheered for CAL Wednesday night against Trinity down the left field line, be careful what you wish for! Maybe you guys shouldn't have cheered so much when Deeds got thrown out of the game! It probably would have been better if CAL'S SS was thrown out!

X got what they deserved. You cheer when a kid gets thrown out. What class!! X thought T had a better draw, think again. Who cares about this X class winning their freshman/JV years at X. All they will remember is Trinity beat them in football and baseball their senior year. Not that I'm a CAL fan because if T or X played them 10 times, CAL would lose 9 of them. Did those X fans cheer for Stephan and Deeds when they collected their all tournment team award? Good Luck next week CAL......

One school defeating Trinity and St. Xavier on consecutive days is very rare. :eek:

Best of luck to the Centurions.:banana:

Maybe not so rare. In baseball that is two years in a row. Ballard last year and CAL this year. Good luck CAL next week.