Later Corey!!!

The Reds today optioned to Class AAA Louisville OF Corey Patterson, selected from Louisville the contract of IF Andy Phillips and transferred to the 60-day disabled list SS Alex Gonzalez.

http://beta.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog07&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ae57bcc87-152a-4f72-96fb-cc08b1f396efPost%3ab193e41e-dd9b-4943-bee9-3f812add8beb&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

The Reds today optioned to Class AAA Louisville OF Corey Patterson, selected from Louisville the contract of IF Andy Phillips and transferred to the 60-day disabled list SS Alex Gonzalez.

http://beta.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog07&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ae57bcc87-152a-4f72-96fb-cc08b1f396efPost%3ab193e41e-dd9b-4943-bee9-3f812add8beb&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

Yeah baby. :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

From Fay...

Dusty Baker said Corey Patterson came to him yesterday and volunteered to go Triple-A.

"It was a mutual decision," Baker said. "I was going to call Corey in and talk to him. He came in before I called him in. He said, 'I got to get my act together. I've got to change some things.' He knows he's better than he played. He's still got the skill, the talent. He's still only 28 years old. It's a good move to go down, stay a while and get his stuff together."

It sounds like there's mechanical problems with Patterson's swing. "No. 1, he's got to get on that fastball and eliminate some steps. Basically, hitting is like a two-step process. He had a third and fourth step in there."

Patterson has had a rough stretch, but it sounds like his head is on right and he wants to get better.

I'd love to see him do well in AAA and get another shot at the bigs. After all, once Griffey leaves we're going to need another OF anyway (paging Norris Hopper...)

Patterson has had a rough stretch, but it sounds like his head is on right and he wants to get better.

I'd love to see him do well in AAA and get another shot at the bigs. After all, once Griffey leaves we're going to need another OF anyway (paging Norris Hopper...)

This guy has gone down to triple A several times and he still sucks. He's a little man with a big man's swing. First step for Patterson, realized your 5'10 185 lbs, you can't get the ball 450 feet. Hit for average, your too fast.

Wow, now who is Westsider gonna rake us on?
Dusty ... :lol:

I wasn't hammering Patterson as much as I was hammering Dusty's usage and handling of him. I like Patterson and would like to see him have some success in the majors.