Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matthew Pilgrim to transfer to UK?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

This may have already been posted on here...I don't feel likeing reading numerous threads to see.

 

Word has it that UK may be taking two transfers next season...Matt Pillgrim from Hampton and Wes Johnson from Iowa State.

 

Anyone heard anything on Wes Johnson?

This may have already been posted on here...I don't feel likeing reading numerous threads to see.

 

Word has it that UK may be taking two transfers next season...Matt Pillgrim from Hampton and Wes Johnson from Iowa State.

 

Anyone heard anything on Wes Johnson?

 

I am not a fan of Pilgrim and think he will be nothing mroe than a role player in his short career at UK, but Johnson on the other hand I am excited about (if it comes to pass):

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31587

 

He averaged 12 and 8 as a freshman, and 12 and 4 as a Sophomore. He is 6'7 195 lbs.

 

Last year her put up some nice point totals against quality competition:

15 vs. Purdue

20 vs. Missouri

24 vs. OK State

20 vs. K-State

and 21 and 20 in two games versuses National Champion Kansas

 

Following his freshman season he was named to the Big 12 all Freshman Team.

I was in Las Vegas and saw Johnson play in the Findlay Toyota Las Vegas Classic. Very good player who can slash and shoot the 3. He is 6-7 and about 205 lbs. The game I saw him was against Purdue. He also played well against Alabama the next day.

It doesn't look like this is going to go down, like I said originally. Maggard apparently had something to go with on it, but I disagreed until I spoke with someone a few days later that said it was a possibility. Since then, nothing has happened and MM has disappeared from everything.

 

I'll be extremely shocked if Pilgrim comes to Kentucky.

I'll be extremely shocked if Pilgrim comes to Kentucky.

 

And that benefits UK IMO...

And that benefits UK IMO...

 

Agreed. The kid could have been a solid player, but I think Maggard hyped him a little more than he was valued.

Agreed. The kid could have been a solid player, but I think Maggard hyped him a little more than he was valued.

Mike and Matt have been on my radar for a LONG time. Two kids I'd love to be able to vouch for, but they just never seemed to put it all together...

WLEX reports Pilgrim has enrolled in summer classes at UK.

I hope not. That's a scholly they could potentially use for one of the 09 bigs they are in on.

Marc Maggard is reporting that Matthew Pilgrim is transferring to UK from Hampton

 

I love their free breakfast buffets after a stay at the hotel.

Correct, it's done.

 

Matt Pilgrim confirmed to FOXSports.com that he has committed to Kentucky.

 

``It’s official,” Pilgrim said on Sunday night.

 

Pilgrim averaged 7.7 points and 5.2 rebounds per game last season at Hampton in the MEAC.

 

I’ve seen Pilgrim play numerous times when he was at Bridgton Academy in Maine – and while he’s talented, there were – and still continue to be - numerous questions regarding his work ethic and character.

 

Think about this. Pilgrim started less than half of the games in the MEAC.

 

Pilgrim is currently taking summer classes in Lexington and will sit out this season and be eligible in 2009.

 

``I’m on scholarship,” Pilgrim said. “Nobody’s living in the dorms right now, but everything is official.”

 

My question is this: Does Billy Gillispie forget that he’s at Kentucky and not Texas A&M or UTEP. He doesn’t need to take chances on players such as Pilgrim. He should go out and get one of the top frontcourt players in the Class of 2009 – such as Daniel Orton, Clarence Trent or even Stephen Van Tresse.

Link
I hope not. That's a scholly they could potentially use for one of the 09 bigs they are in on.

 

Scholarships have a way of working themselves out.

Agreed. My guess is Gillispie is banking on this kid either fullfilling his potential (best case) or not hacking it (just fine case)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.