Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matthew Pilgrim to transfer to UK?

Featured Replies

Fluent in what? Spanish? :p

Can't answer the question at hand??? :p

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't answer the question at hand??? :p

 

Of course not. :D

When and where has a kid paid their own way in a transfer year on the bench that is from out of state and not from an affluent background? One example? Anywhere???

 

I could probably think of a few at the prep level, but we can't discuss that here.

I could probably think of a few at the prep level, but we can't discuss that here.

That's not what I'm asking for. It's much easier to be a renegade program at a level that is not well policed. Pilgram has already been that route BTW. Both Matt and his older, more talented brother Mike...

That's not what I'm asking for. It's much easier to be a renegade program at a level that is not well policed. Pilgram has already been that route BTW. Both Matt and his older, more talented brother Mike...

 

I know that. Just pointing out that the question as asked would have some answers. Hypothetically speaking of course. ;)

I know that. Just pointing out that the question as asked would have some answers. Hypothetically speaking of course. ;)

Just pointing out I'm going to be right in what I was really asking for in response to the question at hand... :D

He sounds like a player with the tools to be very good, and it seems like Gillispie believes he can get Pilgrim to be consistent and play hard all the time. If that happens this could be a very good transfer. It still seems risky though.

I am not so sure about this kid... if he transferred from HAMPTON after avergaing 14 pts and 7 rebounds I might be a little more open to him, but to put up marginal numbers against minimal competition, coupled with the character/work ethic questions already on hand... I think we will see another 8 minutes, 2 points, 1 rebound, per game role player at UK.

Where did he go to high school at?

Withrow...

Heshimu Evans came to UK from a similar situation didn't he? I'd take another one just like him.

Heshimu Evans came to UK from a similar situation didn't he? I'd take another one just like him.

Hishimu was a lot more productive than Pilgram at his first stop...

Is Manhattan that much better than Hampton?

 

Evans, who averaged 13.4 points and 3.1 assists a game, will have to sit out next season in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association rules. But after that, Evans plans on making an impact with the Wildcats.

Is Manhattan that much better than Hampton?

 

Evans, who averaged 13.4 points and 3.1 assists a game, will have to sit out next season in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association rules. But after that, Evans plans on making an impact with the Wildcats.

 

At that time, yes.

In 1995 Manhattan was 26-5 and 12-2 beating #4 seed Oklahoma and lost to Arizona st. in the NCAA tourney.

 

Hampton was 18-12 in a bad conference

At that time, yes.

In 1995 Manhattan was 26-5 and 12-2 beating #4 seed Oklahoma and lost to Arizona st. in the NCAA tourney.

 

Hampton was 18-12 in a bad conference

 

Plus there is a HUGE difference in 13 points per game and 7 points per game!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.