Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It's Bruce and Bailey Time

Featured Replies

And Bruce will struggle this year, but he will get used to ML pitching and the like. How they looking this year?

Why didn't Drew play a full 2006? Only 59 games? I guess they really messed that one up...

  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why didn't Drew play a full 2006? Only 59 games? I guess they really messed that one up...
Drew had never played above Double-A before the start of the 2006 season, and barely had 100 at-bats above Class A.

 

The Diamondbacks gave him 300-plus ABs in Triple-A before pulling the trigger, about the same Bruce has had ...

  • Author
Why didn't Drew play a full 2006? Only 59 games? I guess they really messed that one up...

 

 

Mainly because he was injured, and they also had Craig Cousell.

  • Author

Also if my memory is correct, Drew didn't sign with the D'Backs until a couple of days before the next year's draft. He basically missed a whole year of baseball.

Which is it? Seasoning in AAA or injured???

  • Author
Which is it? Seasoning in AAA or injured???

 

 

Why can't it be both? Also like I said, Drew sat out a year, before he signed.

Why can't it be both? Also like I said, Drew sat out a year, before he signed.

He sat by his own choice. And he didn't get 300 AAA at bats while injured in 2006...

  • Author
He sat by his own choice. And he didn't get 300 AAA at bats while injured in 2006...

 

 

What difference does it make if it was his choice or not? It sill put him a year behind in development. And I was wrong on the injury. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. You should try it sometime. :p

Also if my memory is correct, Drew didn't sign with the D'Backs until a couple of days before the next year's draft. He basically missed a whole year of baseball.
Drew was drafted in 2004, as I recall, and didn't sign with the Diamondbacks for nearly a year. He has been playing pro ball since 2005, starting in an independent league, as I recall.

Bailey was not ready to come up last year. He had 1.5 major league pitches and got exposed extremely early. After the Cleveland outing and him throwing 96 with nothing else I knew he was in big trouble. Bruce will have a chance to do better. He wont hit 40 HR's his first year, but he's a good enough batter to flirt with a .275 average and should play some good OF.

The Reds CF is going to hit leadoff this year. I don't want Bruce out of position AND out of his comfort zone in the batting order...

 

I'm with you on your other points but this doesn't even make sense because he has started in CF double the amount of times he has in RF.CF 17RF 8LF 5

If Bruce really is "out of his comfort zone" in centerfield, then why is he playing there most of the time in Louisville? And i isn't like it's adversely affecting his hitting ...

If Bruce really is "out of his comfort zone" in centerfield, then why is he playing there most of the time in Louisville? And i isn't like it's adversely affecting his hitting ...

 

 

Believe me...Him playing CF or hitting in the leadoff spot, isn't goinf to effect any "so called" comfort zone.

If Bruce really is "out of his comfort zone" in centerfield, then why is he playing there most of the time in Louisville? And i isn't like it's adversely affecting his hitting ...

 

Bruce has actually had some leg or hamstring injuries. I could see the Reds protecting him in RF when he gets to the show.

Drew hit .238 with an OBP of .313 in his first full season.

Upton .221 and .283.

Reynolds .279 and .349.

 

Mark my words. He comes up and struggles people will be drilling Dusty for rushing him up.

 

The kid is 21 and has pretty limited experience at AA and AAA ball. I don't think he's ready, and if you rush him up you play him every day in a corner OF spot and insert him between 5-7 in the batting order. I don't see that happening...

 

So basically he either struggles this year when the Reds are already toast, or he can struggle next year from the get go when they still have a chance.

 

Yeah I vote for next year too.:rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.