May 12, 200818 yr You should learn to lighten up. Makes life much more fun...I'm fine ... but I'm also tired of smart-aleck comments that add little to the discussion. :bunny:
May 12, 200818 yr Keppinger has pretty much a full season's worth of plate appearances in his career, and his career OBP is .365 ... until he shows he's not capable of maintaining it, he's the best option the Reds have, with the exception of maybe Freel against a lefty. Again. Not saying much. I don't think Keppy, Bruce (back to the topic at hand) or anyone else on the 40 man answerers the problem...
May 12, 200818 yr How many teams in the MLB do you think has a true leadoff hitter like you should? The good ones... :lol:
May 12, 200818 yr Again. Not saying much. I don't think Keppy, Bruce (back to the topic at hand) or anyone else on the 40 man answerers the problem...Two questions: What's not to like about Keppinger's .360 OBP at the top of the order? Who on the current roster would be a better choice?
May 12, 200818 yr Two questions: What's not to like about Keppinger's .360 OBP at the top of the order? Who on the current roster would be a better choice? Do I need to really be a broken record. He very well could be the best option, but then you are also asking someone else to fill the roll in the spots Keppy has been producing. Lately he's been protection for Dunn because E-5 couldn't produce in that spot. At the end of the day there are so many misplaced parts right now, I'm not sure anything would change much. Bailey will be up soon. Bruce will be up to start in a corner spot a little farther down the line. And from there the rest of the rebuild begins.............again...
May 12, 200818 yr Do I need to really be a broken record.If you have nothing new to add ... He very well could be the best option, but then you are also asking someone else to fill the roll in the spots Keppy has been producing. Lately he's been protection for Dunn because E-5 couldn't produce in that spot.Keppinger isn't a big extra-base threat and he hits into a lot of double plays, which can be a problem batting behind the slower guys in the middle of the order, plus he has a .360ish OBP. He fits the leadoff role. Period.
May 12, 200818 yr If you wanna go with .OBP for a leadoff hitter Dunner is perfect. I've suggested Keppinger in the leadoff role and Dunn in the #2 spot ...
May 12, 200818 yr Double post ... Would predicting a full season using 4 years to complete the one season numbers be an "overblown concept"? I guess you think he's Pete Rose...
May 12, 200818 yr If you have nothing new to add ... I've answered the same question three times. Whatever...
May 12, 200818 yr Would predicting a full season using 4 years to complete the one season numbers be an "overblown concept"? I guess you think he's Pete Rose... I'm not nominating the guy for the all-star team. Geez ... If a guy with Keppinger's skill set has shown he can get on base, as Keppinger has early in his career, it makes sense to see if he can do it in the leadoff slot.
May 12, 200818 yr I've answered the same question three times. Whatever...One you haven't answered: Who on this Reds team is better suited for the leadoff spot?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.