Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It's Bruce and Bailey Time

Featured Replies

  • Author
One you haven't answered: Who on this Reds team is better suited for the leadoff spot?

 

 

Actually he did.

 

 

Do I need to really be a broken record. He very well could be the best option,
  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter. Dusty doesn't pay attention to archaic, useless stats like OBP ... he wants a guy with speed, a guy that looks and runs like a leadoff hitter.

Before this season Keppy has played 18 games before August and that was all last year. And he's 28.

 

In this mess, put him up there. Whatever. Long term he's not the answer. And neither is Bruce (dragging back on topic)...

Before this season Keppy has played 18 games before August and that was all last year. And he's 28.

 

In this mess, put him up there. Whatever. Long term he's not the answer. And neither is Bruce (dragging back on topic)...

I don't think Keppinger is a long-term answer for anything ... but at the moment, he's the Reds' best leadoff option.
I don't think Keppinger is a long-term answer for anything ... but at the moment, he's the Reds' best leadoff option.

I agreed with that about an hour ago...

Enjoy the show and please turn all cell phones and pagers off.

popcorn_fib.jpg

I agreed with that about an hour ago...
With "maybe" and "could be" ...
With "maybe" and "could be" ...

Because that's reality...

Because that's reality...
In reality, you conceded that I might be correct, but you didn't agree with me.
In reality, you conceded that I might be correct, but you didn't agree with me.

Because I clearly stated this roster is such a mess nothing makes much sense right now. Maybe Keppy is the right guy. Hairston could be a guy that gets hot for 60 games in that spot.

 

Right now Freel is doing well getting on base in that spot. .360 OBP after all so far and a career .358 OBP in a much larger sample size.

 

Much like the larger sample size says Freel's worst offensive production comes when he plays CF.

 

Fun with numbers. Yippie.

 

The "answers" are easy to find, and usually wrong when I look at who we have right now to provide the solution. Keppy spends a few months at #1 before someone else is brought in. Thanks...

Because I clearly stated this roster is such a mess nothing makes much sense right now. Maybe Keppy is the right guy. Hairston could be a guy that gets hot for 60 games in that spot.

 

Right now Freel is doing well getting on base in that spot. .360 OBP after all so far and a career .358 OBP in a much larger sample size.

 

Much like the larger sample size says Freel's worst offensive production comes when he plays CF.

 

Fun with numbers. Yippie.

 

The "answers" are easy to find, and usually wrong when I look at who we have right now to provide the solution. Keppy spends a few months at #1 before someone else is brought in. Thanks...

Like I said, I wouldn't have a problem with Freel as a leadoff man against lefties, with Keppinger in the #2 spot. When Freel is on base, he can break and help prevent the chance of a double play.

 

As for every day ... not so sure. Freel's OBP also dropped off considerably last year and he's several years older than Keppinger and in the decline phase of his career.

 

Besides, there's no guarantee that Freel will be the regular center fielder ... not with Patterson on the roster. :lol:

Like I said, I wouldn't have a problem with Freel as a leadoff man against lefties, with Keppinger in the #2 spot. When Freel is on base, he can break and help prevent the chance of a double play.

 

As for every day ... not so sure. Freel's OBP also dropped off considerably last year and he's several years older than Keppinger and in the decline phase of his career.

 

Besides, there's no guarantee that Freel will be the regular center fielder ... not with Patterson on the roster. :lol:

Again back to Dusty. It's pretty comical. You've become a "Tubby Basher". Congrats...

Again back to Dusty. It's pretty comical. You've become a "Tubby Basher". Congrats...
Typical, gametime ... don't counter the point, just poke fun at the poster.
Typical, gametime ... don't counter the point, just poke fun at the poster.

What would you like me to counter? Freel reducing his OBP to sad levels as he gets picked off or caught stealing?

 

Freel was hurt most of last year, and at the end of the day his baseball IQ is amazingly small for a player with his career numbers. But based on the numbers, he's a guy that makes a case for hitting #1. That doesn't mean I'd ever want him there if building a team.

 

Utility player. Short term solution. Go back to following the Cubs. Any other "condescending" terms you like to use and call me out for left???

Utility player. Short term solution. Go back to following the Cubs. Any other "condescending" terms you like to use and call me out for left???
You've got the market cornered on them ...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.