Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It's Bruce and Bailey Time

Featured Replies

And because he's an ultra-contact, ground-ball hitter ...

You have to have more than fewer GIDP as a reason for hitting him at 1...

  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not as funny as you think.

 

 

We keep hearing that the Reds "don't do the little things well," but did you know the average for National League teams last year was 47 sacrifice flies (or about two every seven games) and 65 sacrifice bunts (two every five games), and that the Reds were only one below the sac-fly average and plus-8 on the sac-bunt average?

 

 

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080511/SPT04/805110428/

Any numbers on just pitchers? They are AWFUL at getting bunts down. And given your numbers, it's pretty likely 7 or 8 will still be on 1st...

  • Author
You have to have more than fewer GIDP as a reason for hitting him at 1...

 

 

Why?? Dusty doesn't have a reason for using Patterson there.

  • Author
Any numbers on just pitchers? They are AWFUL at getting bunts down. And given your numbers, it's pretty likely 7 or 8 will still be on 1st...

 

I don't know if they're awful or not. I haven't seen the numbers. I thought they were awful at the situations I listed above, until I saw the numbers. So you'd rather have Patterson hitting with one out and runners on base, than Keppy?

Dusty doesn't have a reason for using Patterson there.

 

There is no good fit at the top of the order on the roster. None. People can throw names at the dartboard all day. Doesn't change a thing...

I don't know if they're awful or not. I haven't seen the numbers. I thought they were awful at the situations I listed above, until I saw the numbers. So you'd rather have Patterson hitting with one out and runners on base, than Keppy?

In terms of GIDP, clearly yes. Patterson will K or fly out. Inning extended... :p

  • Author
There is no good fit at the top of the order on the roster. None. People can throw names at the dartboard all day. Doesn't change a thing...

 

 

I'm not going to argue there, but I think Keppinger is a much better fit than what we've been seeing so far.

  • Author
In terms of GIDP, clearly yes. Patterson will K or fly out. Inning extended... :p

 

 

Numbers say that the chances are much greater that he'll get a hit, and knock a runner in rather than ground into a double play. ;)

Numbers say that the chances are much greater that he'll get a hit, and knock a runner in rather than ground into a double play. ;)

Not according to westsider... :bunny:

I'm not going to argue there, but I think Keppinger is a much better fit than what we've been seeing so far.

He certainly would increase the number of runners left stranded... :lol:

You have to have more than fewer GIDP as a reason for hitting him at 1...
Uh, how about the .360 OBP?
Not according to westsider... :bunny:
Yeah, whatever you say ... :rolleyes:
Uh, how about the .360 OBP?

Which is great if you figure he's going to keep hitting .320 or so for the long haul. He's going to walk a moderate amount, and he's pretty much never going to steal a base or even be a threat to run.

 

Maybe he'd be the best on the roster to hit there. That isn't saying much...

Yeah, whatever you say ... :rolleyes:

You should learn to lighten up. Makes life much more fun...

Which is great if you figure he's going to keep hitting .320 or so for the long haul. He's going to walk a moderate amount, and he's pretty much never going to steal a base or even be a threat to run.

 

Maybe he'd be the best on the roster to hit there. That isn't saying much...

Keppinger has pretty much a full season's worth of plate appearances in his career, and his career OBP is .365 ... until he shows he's not capable of maintaining it, he's the best option the Reds have, with the exception of maybe Freel against a lefty.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.