Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Courier-Journal 1st, 2nd and 3rd Teams

Featured Replies

Something I don't understand is how Nic Simpson of Highlands was selected as honorable mention but not Greg Mcgraw. Simpson sat out nearly 2 months with an injury and MCgraw had I believe 4 30+ point performaces including a 34 point night against the best defensive team in the state in Holmes while also averaging 20+ ppg.

 

I guess Nic signing with D1 North Carolina A&T was used as the criteria for his honorable mention. Still not right IMO.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's just my opinion, but there are too many players on the first team, second team, and third team. There should be five on each. Honestly, many high school teams don't have as many kids on their varsity roster as this "first team."

 

And personally, I think it might water it down just a bit when trying to discuss who the best players in the state are.

Some funny things I see:

 

- Clark Stepp is first team all state and 3rd team all mountain?

Maybe the mountain coaches know something the rest of the state doesn't ...
Maybe the mountain coaches know something the rest of the state doesn't ...

 

Or vice versa.

Something I don't understand is how Nic Simpson of Highlands was selected as honorable mention but not Greg Mcgraw. Simpson sat out nearly 2 months with an injury and MCgraw had I believe 4 30+ point performaces including a 34 point night against the best defensive team in the state in Holmes while also averaging 20+ ppg.

 

I guess Nic signing with D1 North Carolina A&T was used as the criteria for his honorable mention. Still not right IMO.

 

Good statement ER. I agree

I know it's just my opinion, but there are too many players on the first team, second team, and third team. There should be five on each. Honestly, many high school teams don't have as many kids on their varsity roster as this "first team."

 

And personally, I think it might water it down just a bit when trying to discuss who the best players in the state are.

 

I agree. If I had to choose it'd be this:

 

Darius Miller, Mason Co

Scotty Hopson, UHA

Shelvin Mack, Bryan Station

Arrez Henderson, Holmes

Tyshawn Edmondson, UHA

 

2nd team:

Landon Slone, Paintsville

Jon Hood, Madisonville

Vee Sanford, Lexcath

Dakotah Euton, Rose Hill

Richie Phares, Scott Co

I think you have to have so many players on each team because every team in the state is playing in the same division, or for the same championship. There are just too many teams to narrow it down to 5 players on each team.

Outside of Miller, Henderson, Hopson, Slone, Mack, and Edmondson, I think it's really a toss up. IMO those are the top 6 players in the state.

Congratulations to all of the players who made a team. In my opinion Matt Thomas of Ashland should have been named 2nd or 3rd team instead of Honorable Mention. I am not saying that any of the players who made 1st,2nd and 3rd teams isn't deserving.

Not really sure that Stepp is worthy of all state. I mean if someone else would have put the shots he did, they would make all state also.

What a joke leaving out Greg McGraw. His teammate Nic Simpson didn't even play half the season. Very disrespectful to the kid. Nic would even understand that this is done by some voters who don't know.

McGraw got JOBBED!!

Not really sure that Stepp is worthy of all state. I mean if someone else would have put the shots he did, they would make all state also.

 

I totally agree with you. :thumb:

Wow, congrats to all the 1st teamers, that one be one tough team!

 

 

Imagine Arrez coming off the bench!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.