Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Cueto had a no hitter through 7?

Do you leave him in? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you leave him in?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It's all hypothetical anyway.. What's to say he doesn't go out and get the next six outs on 10 pitches?

 

 

 

Pretty much 100 years of baseball history.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Pretty much 100 years of baseball history.

:lol:

I'w with playing him as long as he looks like he has the energy and he says that he can go, but like others I yank him as soon as he gives up a hit.

 

PMIC, really? You would ruin his career to see history?

 

Ruin his career, give me a break.. If he comes out in the 8th and walks someone I yank him. If he gets 3 up and 3 down in 8 pitches why not throw him back out there if he feels good.

Pretty much 100 years of baseball history.

 

So it must be impossible..

So it must be impossible..

 

 

Pretty much

So you're going to possibly ruin a young man's career just so you can see history?

 

Basically..

 

Ruin his career, give me a break.. If he comes out in the 8th and walks someone I yank him. If he gets 3 up and 3 down in 8 pitches why not throw him back out there if he feels good.

 

You said it?

You pull him and replace him with a pitcher that walks 3 of the next 4 batters. :rolleyes:

 

I'm not a big fan of the pitch count philosophy. Its a factor, but relying on strictly on the number of pitches is goofy. If the kid is throwing heat and feels great, you keep him in. Period.

Ruin his career, give me a break.. If he comes out in the 8th and walks someone I yank him. If he gets 3 up and 3 down in 8 pitches why not throw him back out there if he feels good.

 

:thumb::thumb: Nobody's career is going to be ruined throwing a few extra pitches.

I agree, and It was a close game yesterday as well, You play to win, if hes throwing a no no, he keep throwing him, If its a blow out i pull him, but you saw the bullpen about blow the game, why not go with whats working. JMO. He gives up a hit you yank him, I understand early season pitch counts, but it's just one game, and if hes feeling it, well, you play to win the game.

I'm with you PMIC he didn't throw any pitches under pressure all game. It was a Calm 90 pitches. If he gets in any kind of trouble he's out.

I don't see any problem with leaving him in as long as he feels good, the only thing that got me was the response when posed the question of possibly ruining a young man's career to see history.

Pretty much

 

I have seen 3 outs on 3 pitches several times during my lifetime and I don't even watch a whole lot of baseball. Its very possible to record 3 outs on less than 5 pitches, for sure.

How old is the kid? I'm sure he is old enough to know when his arm is tired and needs to come out. No way 92 pitches is "too many." What will hurt him is throwing a lot of games in a row with a high pitch count. One game is not going to do ruin the kids career.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.