April 3, 200818 yr ^ They didn't lose to Gardner Webb or San Diego at HOME, they didn't lose by 41 to anyone. No, they took a team with the talent to make a deep run in the NCAA Tourney and lost to Arkansas in the first round... ...impressive. :sssh: Agreed. And furthermore, RP, you have been touting the fact that you have looked at Duke as overacheiving in other threads- you could take the same view on UK, with the overall lack of talent from the beginning and devastating injuries.
April 3, 200818 yr Why is it that RockPride hates UK so bad? They are his favorite teams number 1 rivial.
April 3, 200818 yr They are his favorite teams number 1 rivial. Actually they aren't a rival of Duke's at all. My hatred is bred right here in KY, by obnoxious KY fans. Sure, I can be an obnoxious Duke fan, but I sure am not going to hate myself . Duke only looks at UK as a rival in that UK has the most wins in history, and is ahead of Duke in National Championships. Most of which were long before any of us can even remember.
April 3, 200818 yr Actually they aren't a rival of Duke's at all. My hatred is bred right here in KY, by obnoxious KY fans. Sure, I can be an obnoxious Duke fan, but I sure am not going to hate myself . Duke only looks at UK as a rival in that UK has the most wins in history, and is ahead of Duke in National Championships. Most of which were long before any of us can even remember. 78,96,and 98 are still pretty vivid in my memory:D
April 3, 200818 yr ^ And I bet if you polled all of BGP, the '78 one is not in the MAJORITY's memory....I was too young for it.
April 3, 200818 yr What's his record against UK? If he's so over rated how has beaten more talented UK teams? Well he was playing Tubby in the elite eight, what do you expect.
April 3, 200818 yr Well he was playing Tubby in the elite eight, what do you expect. :laugh: Great post.
April 3, 200818 yr Actually they aren't a rival of Duke's at all. My hatred is bred right here in KY, by obnoxious KY fans. Sure, I can be an obnoxious Duke fan, but I sure am not going to hate myself . Duke only looks at UK as a rival in that UK has the most wins in history, and is ahead of Duke in National Championships. Most of which were long before any of us can even remember. It was a Joke. UK National Championships I have been around for 5 of them. I have said before that counting Championships didn't just start when you where born. You always just want to pick your time frames. As far as obnoxious fans go you can definately be one, but likable. I am a UK fan but far from being obnoxious. I guess when you have one of the biggest fan bases in Basketball you are going to find the most obnoxious and I know several UK fans that I just don't want to be around. Try spending some time in North Carolina there are plenty of obnoxious fans as there is in most states. You just happen to have the misfortune of being a Duke fan in Kentucky. I have friends that are Duke fans, but they are definely not obnoxious. I have found that most obnoxious UK fans would still be obnoxious even if they were not UK fans. It is just in there nature.
April 3, 200818 yr It was a Joke. UK National Championships I have been around for 5 of them. I have said before that counting Championships didn't just start when you where born. You always just want to pick your time frames. As far as obnoxious fans go you can definately be one, but likable. I am a UK fan but far from being obnoxious. I guess when you have one of the biggest fan bases in Basketball you are going to find the most obnoxious and I know several UK fans that I just don't want to be around. Try spending some time in North Carolina there are plenty of obnoxious fans as there is in most states. You just happen to have the misfortune of being a Duke fan in Kentucky. I have friends that are Duke fans, but they are definely not obnoxious. I have found that most obnoxious UK fans would still be obnoxious even if they were not UK fans. It is just in there nature. I did and you are correct. They are pretty bad too!
April 3, 200818 yr I did and you are correct. They are pretty bad too! Everybody has them. Just that UK has more because of the large number of fans we have. Just like here on the BGP the UK fans are the unanimous posters and I will just leave it at that. You know the rest.
April 3, 200818 yr Everybody has them. Just that UK has more because of the large number of fans we have. Just like here on the BGP the UK fans are the unanimous posters and I will just leave it at that. You know the rest. I can say that not all UK fans on here are bad. What happens is some are SO BAD that it reflects the overall opinion. We all know that every school has bad apples. What I don't understand is why people would say cold hearted and classless things about another school?? Does it make you feel a sense of empowerment to degrade the opponet? Example: Before I walked in to the UNC/UL game Saturday. I had three people from UNC say some very rude some stuff about UL. I don't get that.
April 3, 200818 yr I can say that not all UK fans on here are bad. What happens is some are SO BAD that it reflects the overall opinion. We all know that every school has bad apples. What I don't understand is why people would say cold hearted and classless things about another school?? Does it make you feel a sense of empowerment to degrade the opponet? Example: Before I walked in to the UNC/UL game Saturday. I had three people from UNC say some very rude some stuff about UL. I don't get that. I don't get it either. It must be there up bringing. I also don't understand why people have to boo players or teams. I guess I am getting of the subject, so I think Crean is going to be a good hire for IU. Now I am back on subject.:thumb:
April 3, 200818 yr I don't get it either. It must be there up bringing. I also don't understand why people have to boo players or teams. I guess I am getting of the subject, so I think Crean is going to be a good hire for IU. Now I am back on subject.:thumb: Coaches are fair game. Crean is still a crappy guy in my book! :thumb:
April 3, 200818 yr You're right, what was I thinking? IU beat UK so they clearly had the "supremely" better season despite finishing with two first round exits. To a supposedly weaker SEC team in Arkansas. Not to mention the team UK lost to was a 6 seed to the team IU lost to was an 8 seed. You are right, they were "supremely" better.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.