April 3, 200818 yr Thats so weak. IU won more games in the regular season. Other than that they did nothing to write home about.
April 3, 200818 yr C'mon, RP. I don't know why you're fighting for IU so badly tonight, but in terms of this season, UK and IU were on pretty equal footing. Outside of a 19 point IU win of course....
April 3, 200818 yr Author Outside of a 19 point IU win of course.... Without both starting guards. :thumb:
April 3, 200818 yr Outside of a 19 point IU win of course.... We were speaking of the season as a whole.
April 3, 200818 yr ^ Last I checked, a head to head matchup is part of the season. You're right, what was I thinking? IU beat UK so they clearly had the "supremely" better season despite finishing with two first round exits.
April 3, 200818 yr Wasn't Crean an assistant under Izzo when Michigan State won in 2000? Pretty sure he was his main recruiter.
April 3, 200818 yr Pretty sure he was his main recruiter. He went to Marquette in 1999, but before that he was the #2 guy under Izzo and did have a big part in fielding the 2000 title team...
April 3, 200818 yr Pretty sure he was his main recruiter. Thats what I was thinking. I remember that being talked about last year when UK was looking for a coach. I've always like Crean and how he performed at Marquette. I think IU made a very very good hire. He'll win the Big 10, and soon.
April 3, 200818 yr He went to Marquette in 1999, but before that he was the #2 guy under Izzo and did have a big part in fielding the 2000 title team... Thanks for the info :thumb:
April 3, 200818 yr ^ They didn't lose to Gardner Webb or San Diego at HOME, they didn't lose by 41 to anyone. No, they took a team with the talent to make a deep run in the NCAA Tourney and lost to Arkansas in the first round... ...impressive. :sssh:
April 3, 200818 yr As for Crean, great hire by IU. He's a very good coach, IMO...recruiting should be easier at IU, so if he can weather the initial storm, he'll have them back on track sooner rather than later. The Hoosiers hit a homerun with this one considering their current situation. Just my two cents...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.