Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 59 Davidson 57

Featured Replies

You give Curry the ball because running off screens in that situation isn't going to get him open. The only mistake was not cutting back to the open spot on the floor when Rush fell down. The slight hesitation allowed him to recover and force a bad shot...

I am one proud Wildcat. These guys have given my old alma mater priceless exposure. I know this site is primarily about school sports and a lot of high school students visit here regularly.

 

Please,you guys looking at this board that are up to living with a Code of Honor that places complete trust in your personal integrity, satisying rigorous academic standards, dealing with a faculty of distinguished scholars that will follow your progress by knowing you personally, and even having your laundry done for you, give Davidson a look. You might even get an all expenses paid trip to the Final Four some day, courtesy of the Board of Trustees.

 

And then you can work your whole life to pay off 164,000 dollars in school loans granted you make it out of there in four years. :eek:

I love how people were still saying Curry wouldn't get his before this game... I think he proved himself, once again..

I was extremely impressed with Davidson today. They played a heck of a game but the talent difference was just a tiny bit too much for them to overcome. I still maintain my feeling that Self is an awful coach...

Davidson was a legitimate top 15 team. G.Mason was a true Cinderella; Davidson is just a darned good team. Elite 8 was no fluke at all.

I watched Davidson play UNC down to the wire earlier in the year and just came up short then also. I knew this team was the real deal from the start and called them coming to this game. I have Kansas winning this game but I wish I would of been wrong, Davidson plays as hard as any team out there to make up for their athleticism. I just can't wait to see what Curry does for next year since he's just an upcoming Junior. IMO he's NBA bound next year.

Agreed. Curry takes ten seconds to get down the floor, saunters around, and then can't get a shot off. Terrible, TERRIBLE play. Why doesn't Richards have the ball and Curry come around a screen?

 

I totally agree. They certainly could've set up a better play than the one that was executed. Curry with the ball the whole time made it a no brainer for the defense to stick to him like glue giving him no looks at all. Sure, everyone knew that he was the go to guy, but he would've had more flexibility with his options if Richards would've controlled the ball coming down the court. Not only that, 2 points would've tied it up. They really didn't need to play do or die by the 3 with the final shot. Great run through the tourney though, and Curry and Davidson certainly made it a fun ride :thumb: Too bad it had to come to an end. :cry:

And then you can work your whole life to pay off 164,000 dollars in school loans granted you make it out of there in four years. :eek:

 

If you go to the Davidson College website, you will find that this is not true. One does apply for a student loan as part of the admission process, but whatever government backed loan is approved is then converted to a grant awarded by the College, which is never required to be repaid. The purpose is to ensure that no student ever graduates with a debt as the result of student loans. And you will make it out in four years or most likely not at all.

Agreed. Curry takes ten seconds to get down the floor, saunters around, and then can't get a shot off. Terrible, TERRIBLE play. Why doesn't Richards have the ball and Curry come around a screen?

Exactly what I was thinking. When he brought it down, he should have known they would double team him. Bring it down quickly and give yourself time to set up and get open.

  • Author
Exactly what I was thinking. When he brought it down, he should have known they would double team him. Bring it down quickly and give yourself time to set up and get open.

 

See, I think totally different. Kansas had been snuffing the screens all day and he rarely got a clean look from a screen. I think he should have brought the ball up quicker, and I think it was a good decision to put the ball in his hands. That's the only guarantee of knowing that he will have the ball. Who knows? He may never had gotten open for a shot.

All the money college coaches make and they cant come up with a play in the last 15 secs. Ive watched most of the games and the only coach who ran antything late other than high screen and roll was Huggy Bear at WV. He ran a screen across for Alexander on the block. He scored and got fouled. Unfortunately missed the Free throw. Curry wasnt getting open off screens because they were running box and 1 and switching on him. The last sequence was not a Box and 1. Should have ran regular sets or go down low and maybe draw a foul. Did not need a three, just tie it. I thought Davidson was regaining momentum and could have won in OT.

  • Author
All the money college coaches make and they cant come up with a play in the last 15 secs. Ive watched most of the games and the only coach who ran antything late other than high screen and roll was Huggy Bear at WV. He ran a screen across for Alexander on the block. He scored and got fouled. Unfortunately missed the Free throw. Curry wasnt getting open off screens because they were running box and 1 and switching on him. The last sequence was not a Box and 1. Should have ran regular sets or go down low and maybe draw a foul. Did not need a three, just tie it. I thought Davidson was regaining momentum and could have won in OT.

 

Kansas had snuffed all screens out, particularly with the Box and 1. Davidson had just used their last time out and didn't have an alternative to stop play if Kansas ran a different defense and/or Curry didn't get open. I think McKillop did it best - put the ball in the hands of your best player. I would have set some high ball screens and let Curry worked around the top, especially whenever Rush fell - hindsight is 20/20.

Kansas had snuffed all screens out, particularly with the Box and 1. Davidson had just used their last time out and didn't have an alternative to stop play if Kansas ran a different defense and/or Curry didn't get open. I think McKillop did it best - put the ball in the hands of your best player. I would have set some high ball screens and let Curry worked around the top, especially whenever Rush fell - hindsight is 20/20.

 

Thats my point. They had no play set up. Kansas throughout was box and one and switching screens. They were in regular defense the last play. You run Curry from one side to the other off two screens on the blocks and when they swith out the picker slips the pick and you get the ball down low for a basket or possible foul. Kansas was not going to let Curry get open on a ball screen. They doubled him and left the other kid open and he couldnt hit. Especially that late on the clock. He had to rush it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.