Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Davidson 73 Wisconsin 56

Featured Replies

Final

 

I watched the first half of the game and was shocked at all the outside shots Wisconsin was hitting. I figured that if the game got up in the 70's or 80's they would be run out of the gym. Sure enough, that's what happened. I had Wisconsin in my Elite 8, but I don't mind at all having Cinderella in there.

Curry is unreal. Win or lose Sunday, he's the Regional MVP...

  • Author
Curry is unreal. Win or lose Sunday, he's the Regional MVP...

 

There have been and will be a million articles written about this kid from now on, I found this qouote fairly interesting from this article:

 

Dell and his wife, Sonya, met at Virginia Tech, where he was a basketball star and she played volleyball and “a little bit of basketball.”

 

Their eldest son, however, was not recruited to play for the Hokies.

 

“Stephen did not get a lot of press clippings in high school and a lot of people have asked me, well, why didn't you call Roy (Williams, North Carolina coach) or Mike (Krzyzewski, Duke coach),” said Dell, who was well known for his smooth shooting stroke during his 16 seasons in the NBA.

 

“Well, I didn't think I needed to solicit for my son; I thought he was a solid player.”

 

Did Stephen want to play at Virginia Tech?

 

“He would have loved to have played for Virginia Tech,” the elder Curry said. “But that is water under the bridge and there are no hard feelings. And (Seth Greenberg, the Hokies' coach) will tell you, he messed up.

 

“But in reality, Stephen really did improve a great deal during his senior year because before that, I didn't even know if he was an ACC player at that time.”

 

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080326/news_1s26curry.html

Coury is just amazing me day by day.

Go Cats.

Heck of a game by Davidson. In the second half they could do no wrong and Wisconsin could do no right. Davidson went out and took this game.

Curry is unreal. Win or lose Sunday, he's the Regional MVP...

 

Best I ever seen!

The most amazing part about Curry is his path to the Elite 8. Gonzaga, GTown and Wisky are all know as programs that put a high emphasis on perimeter D, and it didn't slow him down at all...

Could Curry be Crush2.0?

 

He is pretty fun to watch and its not like you look at the kid and say, this kid is gonna be dangerous.

I have to add, Crush2.0 being that he is the second Man Crush GT has on a player. I am in now way comparing his game to the original "Crush."

Curry is unreal. Win or lose Sunday, he's the Regional MVP...

 

I agree and Davidson is more than a one man team, that team pays excellent defense as well. Of course Curry is "the man" but that team is just that.... A Team. They do an excellent job of screening, coming off screens and passing the basketball. Curry works as hard without the ball as he does with it. He also sets up and looks for other teammates as well as any kid that have seen in this tournament.

 

I said on a thread before that imo Wisconsin was playing so well it looked like that they were on a mission. I just found out tonight that due to Davidson it was Mission Impossible. :D

On a side note......wasn't Jimmy Valvano's N.C. State National Championship team a #10 seed? Hmmmm..............:sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.