Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ladies and Gentlemen...I need your help...

Featured Replies

Marriage may be a prison, but at least you know you are getting 3 square meals a day and maybe access to a TV with good behavior. :thumb:

 

:lol:

 

I got the shaft...that was not in my contract. :fire:

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got the shaft...that was not in my contract. :fire:

You need a better agent... :lol:

You could always start with a quarter karat and upsize it for anniversaries.

Quarter carat was all I could afford, but it is a very nice setting and a pretty ring. Now after 15 years as Mrs PH says it's time to upgrade and she definetly deserves it.

I have gotten to know a good jeweler and it has paid great dividends throughout the years. They will help you figure out whats best based on your budget. Size is not the only thing that matters (ha ha) Clarity and cut has a lot to do with it also.

 

Good Luck.

You need a better agent... :lol:

 

You beat me to it. :lol::thumb:

Also, Two references that will definately help you on the wallet...................

 

Q.V.C. and Diamonique. :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(j.k man, good luck and I hope that you and the future mrs. wll be happy :thumb:)

Kay Jeweler and Zales offers "Bridal Education" for men that need help with selection, I remember an old comerical that said to spend at least 2 months salary on the engagement ring(I don't believe Mr. Mom55 did that) but I would go with at least 3/4 carat - you only give one engagement ring. I know that sounds romantic but it truely is the most important piece of jewelery you give a woman. Good Luck:thumb:

Kay Jeweler and Zales offers "Bridal Education" for men that need help with selection, I remember an old comerical that said to spend at least 2 months salary on the engagement ring(I don't believe Mr. Mom55 did that) but I would go with at least 3/4 carat - you only give one engagement ring. I know that sounds romantic but it truely is the most important piece of jewelery you give a woman. Good Luck:thumb:

 

Do they offer "What the heck was I thinking" education :scared:.

I know, it's called a lawyer.:D

When budgeting, set some money aside for the actual ring, not just the stone(s). The cheapest rings are "rough" around the edges. I would recommend a rounded or comfort fit ring.

 

As for the size of the diamond... I bought my wife a 1/2 carat with good color and clarity. I wanted to buy more, but I couldn't afford it. After I proposed, she said it was the perfect size ring for her hands. Two years later I offered to "upgrade" the stone, but she refused saying that it was perfect the way it was.

Yes, many times, it really does not matter what kind or size of ring it is...it is the fact that you picked it out and it was from the heart!!!

Quarter carat was all I could afford, but it is a very nice setting and a pretty ring. Now after 15 years as Mrs PH says it's time to upgrade and she definetly deserves it.

 

 

Hint...instead of upgrading the stone, get her an anniversary band to wear in between her engagement ring and wedding band...that is what PH did and I love it!!! I get many people talking about how beautiful my rings are!!!

I assume that you want to surprise her with it instead of her picking the ring out with you. Far more romantic to surprise her.

 

Does she have a sister or close friend who could go with you? Naturally she would have to be able to keep a secret.

 

She will likely be thrilled with any ring you choose. However, if she doesnt seem crazy about the it for whatever reason, most jewelers will certainly let her exchange the ring.

 

Good luck and congratulations!

When budgeting, set some money aside for the actual ring, not just the stone(s). The cheapest rings are "rough" around the edges. I would recommend a rounded or comfort fit ring.

 

As for the size of the diamond... I bought my wife a 1/2 carat with good color and clarity. I wanted to buy more, but I couldn't afford it. After I proposed, she said it was the perfect size ring for her hands. Two years later I offered to "upgrade" the stone, but she refused saying that it was perfect the way it was.

That is exactly what I did. My wife has carny hands so anything bigger would have looked way out of place. Plus I didn't want to spend $5000 on a ring. I believe I spent around $2800 for a very nice 1/2 carat with a white gold band.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.