March 25, 200818 yr I have finally decided to purchase an engagment ring for the misses. However, I find myself completely clueless on picking out the right on. My budget has a limit, but I have no idea what's the "right" amount to spend. I'm not looking for anything spectacular, but perhaps right at the "average" spending cost. I know we have some recent bachelors and I'm sure the ladies can always give some insight. Only one requirement: it has to be princess cut. I know that much! Please help!!
March 25, 200818 yr I believe that (even though I bought my wife a pretty expensive ring) the cost doesn't matter, it's the thought and meaning behind it. It all depends on the size of the rock, and the type (gold, white gold, platinum, yellow gold etc...) Good luck in your search.
March 25, 200818 yr Author That's what I mean. I have no idea what size rock to get. I just want to be in average range. It will definitely have to be platinum or white gold.
March 25, 200818 yr I have finally decided to purchase an engagment ring for the misses. However, I find myself completely clueless on picking out the right on. My budget has a limit, but I have no idea what's the "right" amount to spend. I'm not looking for anything spectacular, but perhaps right at the "average" spending cost. I know we have some recent bachelors and I'm sure the ladies can always give some insight. Only one requirement: it has to be princess cut. I know that much! Please help!! Here is you now:
March 25, 200818 yr I have finally decided to purchase an engagment ring for the misses. However, I find myself completely clueless on picking out the right on. My budget has a limit, but I have no idea what's the "right" amount to spend. I'm not looking for anything spectacular, but perhaps right at the "average" spending cost. I know we have some recent bachelors and I'm sure the ladies can always give some insight. Only one requirement: it has to be princess cut. I know that much! Please help!! Here is you in the near future:
March 25, 200818 yr I have finally decided to purchase an engagment ring for the misses. However, I find myself completely clueless on picking out the right on. My budget has a limit, but I have no idea what's the "right" amount to spend. I'm not looking for anything spectacular, but perhaps right at the "average" spending cost. I know we have some recent bachelors and I'm sure the ladies can always give some insight. Only one requirement: it has to be princess cut. I know that much! Please help!! I"m just playing with you, brother. Good luck. It'll all depend on your budget, and I also went with the pricess cut. :thumb:
March 25, 200818 yr Author I"m just playing with you, brother. Good luck. It'll all depend on your budget, and I also went with the pricess cut. :thumb: :lol: Thanks.
March 25, 200818 yr Ah ok, cut, carat, clarity. You already have the cut. Depending on your budget I suggest you pick out the size or carat of the diamond. Then your clarity can determine the final spending dollars. If the diamond is too big for your budget, downsize in the clarity and keep the carat. Size matters!!
March 25, 200818 yr :lol: Thanks. One suggestion would be to figure out a way to determine whether she likes gold or silver/white gold. My wife hates gold jewelry, which obviously was some pretty good information to find out beforehand. I went with white gold and that's also what we purchased for wedding rings. You'll want to make sure on that.
March 25, 200818 yr Author One suggestion would be to figure out a way to determine whether she likes gold or silver/white gold. My wife hates gold jewelry, which obviously was some pretty good information to find out beforehand. I went with white gold and that's also what we purchased for wedding rings. You'll want to make sure on that. It's definitely gotta be white gold.
March 25, 200818 yr It's definitely gotta be white gold. Well, that's good news. That'll save you a few dollars. Not alot, but at least it'll save you some. Ok, so you have white gold with a princess cut diamond. What size diamond you have in mind?
March 25, 200818 yr That's what I mean. I have no idea what size rock to get. I just want to be in average range. It will definitely have to be platinum or white gold. Platinum is more expensive and dents easily. White gold will be cheaper and harder, but it will lose it's shine and start to get a gold hue to it. However, you can get it brought back to it's original shine, and depending on where you get it, they'll do it for free. A good place to start is Koop's Diamond Cutter Inc in Cincy. It's a great place to learn the different clarities and colors. Being a diamond wholesaler, they can lay out diamonds based on the colors and clarities for you to see for yourself, instead of showing you a chart on paper or one already mounted in a ring. It's a great place just to get some knowledge. Also, for our rings, I found the prices to be better than anywhere else. Also, if you have them mailed to KY, you don't have to pay sales tax.
March 25, 200818 yr Author Well, that's good news. That'll save you a few dollars. Not alot, but at least it'll save you some. Ok, so you have white gold with a princess cut diamond. What size diamond you have in mind? That's the only part I'm not sure of. Like I said, I dont need anything "spectacular". But, I dont even what the average size diamond is?
March 25, 200818 yr Check the pm I sent you and call that guy. You will learn everything you need to know about buying a diamond and will also get to take advantage of some wholesale pricing. An absolutely class guy (the person I referred you to, not me :lol:).
March 25, 200818 yr Yet another member of the BGP family taking the plunge. We have had quite a few here recently doing this. Good luck to both of you. Marriage may be a prison, but at least you know you are getting 3 square meals a day and maybe access to a TV with good behavior. :thumb: :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.