Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Packer needs to shut his pie hole!

Featured Replies

What's the point of said question? There were a few upsets? Shocking revelation...

 

Doesn't beat the beauty of conference tournaments. :p

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do you guys really believe these are the 16 best teams in the country?

 

Unlike college football that tries to pit the best teams in the country against each other, college basketball is NOT about the best 16, 8, 4, 2, 1 basketball teams in the country.

 

It is about the teams that are the hottest.

So do you guys really believe these are the 16 best teams in the country?

 

Yes, but then I also believe that babies are born in cabbage patches and we can go pick them out at our leisure.

So do you guys really believe these are the 16 best teams in the country?

 

I would say that 9 of the top 10 are still playing with Georgetown being the lone exception.

Va Tech was deserving of getting in to the tournament and i feel they got snubbed.

Va Tech was deserving of getting in to the tournament and i feel they got snubbed.

 

Over the last team in? Negative. Nova is still dancing...

Disclaimer- I am not defending Packer so no need for everyone to burn my house down....however, for whatever reason the ACC was #1 in the RPI this year(which I don't see how) so by that logic it makes sense for more than 4 teams to get in.

Disclaimer- I am not defending Packer so no need for everyone to burn my house down....however, for whatever reason the ACC was #1 in the RPI this year(which I don't see how) so by that logic it makes sense for more than 4 teams to get in.

Conference RPI is as useless a number as there is in sports...

Conference RPI is as useless a number as there is in sports...

 

I agree, I was just stating what Packer stated as his reasoning for the ACC getting more teams in. I am not a big fan of the RPI in any capacity. Example: UK RPI 56 another school RPI 32 and we know which team got in. Thats a 24 spot difference for those non-math majors.

The only real use of the RPI is to determine how your schedule stacks up with others around you...

So do you guys really believe these are the 16 best teams in the country?

 

The first time ever I say yes these are the 16 best teams in the country. Of the 3 biggest upsets(GTOWN, Duke, Uconn). Those teams have been frauds all season, compeletely overrated. IMO anyway.

The first time ever I say yes these are the 16 best teams in the country. Of the 3 biggest upsets(GTOWN, Duke, Uconn). Those teams have been frauds all season, compeletely overrated. IMO anyway.

 

 

I don't disagree about Duke and UConn (even RockPride felt the Dukies were over rated). I don't know if you can say that about Georgetown. Here is a team that won the Big East Regular Season. Like it or not the Big East was the deepest and probably best conference in the land this year. Can't say the Hoyas were over rated. I can say they got beat by a team in Davidson that is better than pundits thought they were.

I don't disagree about Duke and UConn (even RockPride felt the Dukies were over rated). I don't know if you can say that about Georgetown. Here is a team that won the Big East Regular Season. Like it or not the Big East was the deepest and probably best conference in the land this year. Can't say the Hoyas were over rated. I can say they got beat by a team in Davidson that is better than pundits thought they were.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.