Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Teams in 08/09

Featured Replies

Why would KHSAA step when ? Why should a kid have to set out a year because his dad lost a job?:madman:

 

I'm not referring to Euton. I'm referring to Jackson. Sorry for not clarifying that for you.

 

Even so it still seems odd that they'd come to Scott Co for an Engineering job when there are more where they are at now in Ashland. Euton may be eligible to play but I still think he should have to sit out a year. Anyone else in the state would.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Mason County fan, having attended the Mason-Elliott game at the state tourney, I like that Elliott County team. They will be tough next year, and I wish them all the best in 08-09.

I'm not referring to Euton. I'm referring to Jackson. Sorry for not clarifying that for you.

 

Even so it still seems odd that they'd come to Scott Co for an Engineering job when there are more where they are at now in Ashland. Euton may be eligible to play but I still think he should have to sit out a year. Anyone else in the state would.

 

Ashland is simply overrun with Burger Engineers !:lol:

What about Madisonville with the Hood kid? Do they have a good returning team?

Tranfers Vee Stanford LexCath.

Tranfers Phil Bonner Mason Co.

Tranfers Ge'lawn Guyn Scott Co.

 

Just to name some. Now way is Scott Co. being pick on because of tranfers. And no other schools. Maybe you are a HATER!

Which teams not only return at least a good core of varsity players, but had excellent JV & 9th grade programs. I know it has already been posted that Holmes was 20-1, to go with 3 returning starters. I know it is a big step from jv to varsity, but with a good core the step is much easier. What are some of the teams with outstanding jv records etc...

I believe in the 3rd region that Daviess Co. should be one of the favorites. They lost 2 players and have a ton of experience coming back. The 3rd region is always tough within the region and any team that comes out of the region will represent it well. IMO

What about Madisonville with the Hood kid? Do they have a good returning team?

 

I do not know what they have coming back, but I would think Hood would be one of the early frontrunners for Mr. B. He is quite the SHOW from what I saw.

I thinks Holmes will be one of the Top Three Team in the State next year! Love what they have coming back next year! Will make a return to the Sweet 16!

Clark Co. will be a pretty good team next year if everybody keeps developing.

Scott Co now has TWO transfers of highly talented sophomores in the last 12 months. And maybe will add a THIRD with Jackson. So folks do have a reason to wonder what is going on and debate the issue. Personally, I see no issue with the Euton transfer. Dad lost his job and had to move somewhere to work. Of course they considered which school he would play for after the move. In fact, I am sure it was at the top of the Euton's list of factors. But how many other parents live in a certain location due to school choice, either athletics or academics?

 

And whats with all the "you are a HATER" comments? I saw this a lot on the Euton to Scott County thread. Lets stick to the topic at hand.

 

I predict Scott County is Pre-season # 1, with or without Jackson! And I can't wait to see Phares next year. He really impressed me with his development during this year. I love to watch him play. He was a beast by the end of the year. He, Euton, and Manning will make a very tough frontcourt next year. Guyn did not work out at point guard, so that is their last remaining piece of the puzzle. If they can develop or get a great point guard, they will be hard to stop next year.

Scott Co without a doubt has one of the best programs in the state. I just feel the KHSAA needs to step in and make these kids sit out a year who are moving and transferring just got athletic reasons.

 

Its not right for the kids who play by the rules and bust their tails all year long to be denied a chance at winning a state championship simply because a school has transfers coming in from around the state to keep their tradition alive.

 

You can correct me if I am wrong. And I very well could be. But didn't Ricardo Johnson and maybe his brother play for Cinncinatti Taft as freshmen in high school?

You can correct me if I am wrong. And I very well could be. But didn't Ricardo Johnson and maybe his brother play for Cinncinatti Taft as freshmen in high school?

 

I believe that ER has said before that the Johnson boys were Holmes kids all the way until the 8th grade, when they were moved to Taft, and some incident took place within the school that caused them to be moved back to Holmes. In short, if they were at Taft, I would consider them Holmes boys that transferred to Taft, but as it stands, they were just displaced for a year.

I believe that ER has said before that the Johnson boys were Holmes kids all the way until the 8th grade, when they were moved to Taft, and some incident took place within the school that caused them to be moved back to Holmes. In short, if they were at Taft, I would consider them Holmes boys that transferred to Taft, but as it stands, they were just displaced for a year.

 

I for one have no problem with it. I think they should be allowed to play this year, but I also think its a little hypocrytical to say Euton and Jackson should set a year when the Johnson boys didn't. And I am a huge fan of those boys as far as watching them play.:thumb:

I for one have no problem with it. I think they should be allowed to play this year, but I also think its a little hypocrytical to say Euton and Jackson should set a year when the Johnson boys didn't. And I am a huge fan of those boys as far as watching them play.:thumb:

 

I understand. I am not familiar enough with the Euton/Jackson cases to judge.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.