Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stock Up/Stock Down

Featured Replies

Stock down: Scotty H. Does not move with out the ball on offense. Very good getting to the hole with the ball in is hands, but no movement without. I was least impressed with his defense. Can't count how many times he was the last man down the court. Being as tall as he is, did not attempt to block any shots in the paint. JMO, was fairly lazy on the defensive end. With that said, he will be an impact player at the next level.

 

It amazes me how so many people are blasting the top rated player in our state (Rivals, Scout, and many others) Scotty Hopson. I'm not saying it's justified or not. Its funny how some players after a few good games are getting labeled D1 players and do not have the first scholarship offer yet, but we tear down an in-state player that has an unlimited number of offers and their all high-majors.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me how so many people are blasting the top rated player in our state (Rivals, Scout, and many others) Scotty Hopson. I'm not saying it's justified or not. Its funny how some players after a few good games are getting labeled D1 players and do not have the first scholarship offer yet, but we tear down an in-state player that has an unlimited number of offers and their all high-majors.

 

 

It's simple...Fans in Kentucky will root for anyone who gives 100% on the basketball court. The one thing you don't have to practice is hustle. I've seen many of players who may not have the size, or athletic abililty, make up for it with hustle, and desire. I think most of us tend to root for those players. I know I've seen him once, and only once, so maybe I shouldn't say much. But from what I read on BGP, and what I seen wednesday afternoon, is all I can base an opinion on. I just didn't see a whole lot of that hustle and desire.

Hopson finished 3rd in the Slam Dunk competition tonight. Dezoran won the event.

Thumbs Up:

Sawyers - great burgers

DeSha's - great pork chops

BW3's - great Carribean Jerk sauce

Hooters - who cares about the food

Malones - great steaks

Krispy Kream - but only when the HOT sign is on

 

Thumbs Down:

Concession Stands at Rupp - weak pizza and blah hot dogs...

 

 

Yes, Plato does take requests:thumb:

 

Nice.:thumb:

Stock up: Elijah Pittman. From JV team to all-state tournament team. Not a bad week of work.

 

Stock down: Louisville regions (6 and 7). Worst sixth and seventh reps I can remember in well..maybe ever.

 

Stock up: Elliott County. Coulda, woulda, shoulda..they did everything beat the state champs in a game most thought would be a total blowout.

 

Stock down: UHA. Two division I guys, one of whom is an all-american burger, and they managed to look bad. No harm in losing to LexCath, but at least make it a game.

 

Stock up: Hyatt lobby area. Never, in the history of the world, have so many people with all the answers about our game converged on one location. Great place to listen to people tell the world they know the game, and occasionally find someone who really does.:D

 

Stock down: Traffic in Lexington. Is it the worst in America?

 

Stock up: the championship game pre-game. Always good, was even better than usual.

 

Stock down: everything else the KHSAA touched during the week.

 

Stock up: Shelby County. They played on Saturday, and I doubt nearly anyone had them going that far.

 

Stock down: The crowd and bands. Attendance may have been about on a norm, but the student sections and bands left a lot to be desired.

 

Stock up: Eateries in Lexington. They have everything I like and more. Joe Bolongia's, Gatti's pizza to go, and even Chick-filet.

 

Stock down: Rupp concession food. No wonder the ice cream lines are so long, it's the only food worth eating.

So you put Settys stock down because he didn't score a lot in the title game,No way Holmes focused there D to make sure Setty didn't get all those open 3s he been getting.Without Settys sharp shooting in the Elliott game and other 2 Mason is out.He does so much more than just score and he did all those other things Saturday night.

 

Where does it say Setty's stock? I think it says Mason County 3 point shooting?

Hopson finished 3rd in the Slam Dunk competition tonight. Dezoran won the event.

 

Thats because Henderson didn't participate.

Stock Up

Coach Chris O'Hearn. A great coach and a great person. I hope Maysville knows and appreciates what they have.

Ditto this. Wonder how many coaches have won state in their fourth year and went to second round in second year?

  • Author

Stock Up

Billy G and the boys from UK - pretty cool that they came to watch their future team mate a couple of times.

 

Joe B - nice bottle

 

Stock Down

Other D1 in-state schools. I didn't see any coaches from EKU/Morehead/Murray in Rupp all weekend. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. My advice - Sprinkle a couple of KY boys in with the athletes from parts unknown and you might just have the right chemistry to win the OVC.

Stock Down

Other D1 in-state schools. I didn't see any coaches from EKU/Morehead/Murray in Rupp all weekend. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. My advice - Sprinkle a couple of KY boys in with the athletes from parts unknown and you might just have the right chemistry to win the OVC.

Donnie Tyndall from Morehead was there for a couple of days. I was told that Jeff Neubauer from Eastern was there, but I didn't see him.

 

Who would you suggest they go after?

I saw at least six D-1 players at rupp maybe 8. Tyndall was there but that was all I saw other than G. I think a lot of kids showed some good stuff and I was only there briefly. I hope some quality kids get some attention to go somewhere.

  • Author
Donnie Tyndall from Morehead was there for a couple of days. I was told that Jeff Neubauer from Eastern was there, but I didn't see him.

 

Who would you suggest they go after?

 

Glad to hear DT was in the house. I would think Arrez Henderson would be right up his alley.

 

Landon Slone, Trevor Setty and Tyshawn Edmons will all be good enough to help win an OVC title down the road.

 

They should have been standing in the middle of the road when Taylor Stewart visited anywhere out of state and the same for Jordan Smart.

 

IMHO - KY kids who aren't ranked very high in their class are often overlooked. It's really nice to see Slaughter and Rogers playing so well for WKU and Knowles playing so well for UofL. I'm not talking about a team full, just a sprinkling.

Glad to hear DT was in the house. I would think Arrez Henderson would be right up his alley.

 

Landon Slone, Trevor Setty and Tyshawn Edmons will all be good enough to help win an OVC title down the road.

 

They should have been standing in the middle of the road when Taylor Stewart visited anywhere out of state and the same for Jordan Smart.

 

IMHO - KY kids who aren't ranked very high in their class are often overlooked. It's really nice to see Slaughter and Rogers playing so well for WKU and Knowles playing so well for UofL. I'm not talking about a team full, just a sprinkling.

OVC schools have been recruiting Edmondson ... he's not interested.

 

Stewart and Smart weren't going to those schools, either. They had their sights set on bigger places, and both found them.

 

Setty would seem like a potential fit for Neubauer's system at Eastern, but they don't seem to be looking in his direction. Slone doesn't have a Division I offer, so I don't know that the OVC is missing the boat in his case.

 

Morehead, I'm told, has one scholarship available and is looking for a point guard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.