Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stock Up/Stock Down

Featured Replies

[/b]

 

FYI, the stock and stock down game is kind of played off the latest performances. I think what Plato has in mind is strictly giving the stock up and down based on this week's tournament.

 

Using that criteria, I'd given the 7th region a stock down. Your information about the 7th this year only strengthens my call that they underperformed this week.

 

Of course you would, I would say most northern Kentucky posters will follow your cue. Louisville and western Kentucky posters pale in comparison to the east side of the state on BGP. Trying to keep it even keel here.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I wouldn't put a whole a lot into the Sweet 16 alone and neither do college recruiters. For some teams, it was only a single game (one and done). Why would any one drop a season's worth of credit just for a single game or two or three games?

Because 80-percent of the people at Rupp Arena were seeing Hopson play for the first time. Their opinions of him previously were based on word of mouth. Last week they got to see him play and the reviews weren't the greatest. He didn't stink it up but it wasn't a McDonalds All-American-worthy performance either. I'm basing stock up/down on the Sweet 16.

Because 80-percent of the people at Rupp Arena were seeing Hopson play for the first time. Their opinions of him previously were based on word of mouth. Last week they got to see him play and the reviews weren't the greatest. He didn't stink it up but it wasn't a McDonalds All-American-worthy performance either. I'm basing stock up/down on the Sweet 16.

 

Then my post serves a purpose for those 80% seeing him for the first time and got the wrong idea.

Of course you would, I would say most northern Kentucky posters will follow your cue. Louisville and western Kentucky posters pale in comparison to the east side of the state on BGP. Trying to keep it even keel here.

 

That's unfair to me. I simply posted what I thought was the general idea of the post based on the stock up and stock down game, it is based on this week.

 

Based on this week the seventh region had a really bad week. Your previous post only cements that claim. I guess they failed to show up, thus stock down.

 

I don't beat the drum for NKY, and most posters won't follow my lead. I call it like I see it. Based on the info, the seventh has to get a stock down this week. Believe me, it's not about posters and which side of the state you are living, it's about posting honest observations. That's what I did.

Stock Up/Stock Down = Who's Hot/Who's Not. Now, not in December. And in this case, only based on the games I saw.

 

Stock Up:

 

Northern/Eastern Kentucky basketball.

 

Covington Holmes. They lose a lot to graduation, but will have some major talent returning.

 

Mason County coaching staff.

 

Russ Middleton and Ethan King.

 

The KHSAA. Common sense prevailed over a technicality.

 

And as if his stock couldn't rise any higher, Darius Miller.

 

"Basketball players".

 

 

 

Stock Down:

 

Western KY/Louisville basketball. Just one of those odd tourneys, I guess.

 

Lexington Catholic; the collapse against Holmes (I give Holmes credit, but Catholic WAS up 17 early in the second quarter) was totally unexpected from this veteran team.

 

"Athletes".

Stock up - The kids at Holmes that return next year. Ricardo Johnson is a sophomore, Jamel Riley, Jeremiah Johnson and the rest. Don't forget Coach Henley and his staff too.

 

Stock down - Scotty Hopson. Did not see it, but from the posts on here, his lack of play didn't help UHA. I know 21 points. Just my opinion.

 

Stock up - Shelby County. Coach Clark and the boys should be commended for making the semis.

 

Stock down - The Auxiliary Media Area - Way above the Arena and on the other side of the floor from the elevator. Try to get to the interview room after wading through the fans after the game.

 

Stock up - The atmosphere in general. This was my first time to State. Will try to do the radio show from there next year if not the games.

 

Stock down - No beer sales for the morning sessions?? (Just kidding):thumb:

So you put Settys stock down because he didn't score a lot in the title game,No way Holmes focused there D to make sure Setty didn't get all those open 3s he been getting.Without Settys sharp shooting in the Elliott game and other 2 Mason is out.He does so much more than just score and he did all those other things Saturday night.

 

I agree with you. Mason did all they needed to do to win. However, they nearly died by three point shot.

 

Why did you bring a specific player into this. I did not do that. That is highly unfair to the player....I was talking only about strategy.

 

I also have seen Mason when they were hot from the 3 line as well. Strategy was my discussion point ...not players.

Stock Up - Class A schools. Five made the Big Show, 2 reaching the quarterfinals, and those 2 (Paintsville and Hazard) had legit shots at reaching the semis. Throw in Elliot County's dog fight with Mason and you can say the small schools represented themselves quite well.

 

Stock down - Scheduling.....But hey, the KHSAA won't have to face this problem again in our lifetime. Easter can only possibly be 1 day earlier than it was this year, and that woun't happen for quite a long time.

The KHSAA. Common sense prevailed over a technicality.

 

 

JMO, and I'm not trying to start anything with this, but I am completely on the opposite side of this. I think common sense would be to enforce the rules no matter the situation, even if it may be unfortunate.

Stock Up

 

Arrez "the eraser" Henderson......will someone please give this kid a D-1 scholarship.

 

Stock Down

 

Scotty Hopson......if this kid is a McD's All American, this years class must be so weak compared to last years.

Stock UP

 

Holmes' sophomores. Started 3 in the championship game and all three performed at a high level throughout the tournament. (Pittman, R. Johnson, J. Johnson)

 

Russ Middleton (Mason Co)- The kid played an outstanding championship game and had several nice drives against Henderson, something none of the supposed "D1 guards" could do (Sanford, Slone)

 

Arrez Henderson- 21 points. all in the second half in the quarters, a double double in the semi's and 18 points against KY Mr. Basketball, Darius Miller. Also shut down both Slone and Sanford. There's a reason the kid has offers from Western KY, Eastern Ky, Winthrop, and a few MAC schools in Bowling Green and Miami-OH. The kid can play.

 

Brock Moorman (O'boro)- Kid has game and played great against Lexcath in the quarters.

 

Small schools- Hazard, Paintsville, Elliot Co, and Owensboro all had nice showings in the tournament.

 

Stock down

 

Scotty Hopson- Best player in the state but played very lazy against LC

 

KHSAA- making an exception for one player rather than abiding by what it says in the rule book.

 

Scheduling- Let's start the tournament a day earlier so Saturday we have a game where both teams are fresh. (Kudos to Mason Co btw though for winning the state championship and overcoming all the adversity they faced throughout the tournament)

Stock up

 

It is still the greatest show in HOOPS!

 

Stock down

 

KHSAA for it's unwaivering committment to bend the rules for their own good. Nothing really changes. Needs to be some changes in the ranks at the big house.

 

Officiating! Was not up to par with the level of the games. I didn't have a team there but it was consistently bad. Need to look at the way officials are sent to the tourney. There were some good officials there but the bad ones ruined their parade.

Scheduling- Let's start the tournament a day earlier so Saturday we have a game where both teams are fresh.

 

Not sure why this is constantly an excuse for teams. Holmes certainly wasn't fatigued. If you look at point production, the final quarter was Holmes' best. The only quarter in which they outscored Mason (21 - 16). I'd say Holmes was in great shape down the stretch, just dug a hole early that they couldn't get out of. It may have been jitters or just bad luck, but it wasn't fatigue.

Stock Up

 

The pre-game video before the championship game was awesome!

Stock Up

 

The pre-game video before the championship game was awesome!

 

Most of it is from ESPN's The Season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.