Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co 73 Paducah Tilghman 46

Featured Replies

Bottom line ... Tilghman may not be quite as good as they looked in the first round. They are certainly better than they played against Mason.

 

Mason got a wake-up call by Elliott ... that wasn't the same team that took the floor for the first round game, and it's my understanding that a player or two admitted as much in the postgame interviews.

 

Paducah Tilghman played very poor. They did not look very well coached at all. Was the game plan to give up open 3s? It made absolutley no sense the way Tilghman played defense based on the athleticism they have. Ive watched UHA and Paducah Tilghman and neither team played well at all against really good basketball teams.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total domination by the Royals. Congrats and good luck tomorrow.

Can't say I'm not surprised by this score because I am. I thought Tiglhman would put up a better fight but maybe the Elliot game awoke the sleeping giant and Tiglhman was the team who had to feel the wrath.

If it were me, I would play everyone I could play in the top 10. The record may not shine, but they'll put themselves in position to win the state championship.

 

I don't think they can afford to play a very tough schedule. Playing that many tough games without any bench at all (next year), will take its toll on them. As good as their top 5 are, without a bench Elliott or anyone else will not be in the position to win a state championship. They ran out of gas against Miller and company, I can't imagine having to do that for 4 games. That's asking to much of them. However, my hat goes off to them (Elliott) on a great season. You guys represented the 16th with lots of class. GOOD-JOB:thumb:

Wow that was bad. I stopped paying attention about halfway through the second. Started talking to a bunch of people and left at the end of the 3rd. You can only watch PT hand Mason wide open shots for so long.

 

West did not have a good showing this year, no doubt about that.

I think PT didnt play well, but Mason was for sure a different team than what took the floor thursday night against Elliott. Great showing for my Royals. Got Shelby next, good luck guys.

What a difference a day makes. Congratulations to the Royals; P-T got taken behind the woodshed. 24-6 after the first quarter, 39-11 at the half; and after watching the Royals' effort against Elliott County the night before (for the first 29 minutes, anyway), I would never have dreamed that this one would play out like it did. P-T's strength, the inside game, was not a factor. Royals starters get a lot of rest; very helpful on Saturday when you're playing the late games on THursday and Friday.

 

Mason County will need a similar effort to keep advancing.

Logistically/geographically that will probably be a problem.

 

I'm sure that they will play in a few showcases and the Fifth-Third, but night in and night out, unless they are willing to really log some miles, their primary competition will again come from the 16th Region.

 

I have heard that Elliott Co will play GRC next year. Will they play Mason again?

 

Congrats to the Royals.:thumb: I left at half time...game was over and I wanted to get home and watch Preston Knowles and the Cards.:ylsuper:

I have heard that Elliott Co will play GRC next year. Will they play Mason again?

 

Congrats to the Royals.:thumb: I left at half time...game was over and I wanted to get home and watch Preston Knowles and the Cards.:ylsuper:

 

 

Mason travels to Snady Hook next season.

 

 

By the way

 

Cannon Joseph Kielman

Born 3/21/08

@1:50pm

8lbs 14.oz

23 inches

:dancingpa

Paducah Tilghman played very poor. They did not look very well coached at all. Was the game plan to give up open 3s? It made absolutley no sense the way Tilghman played defense based on the athleticism they have. Ive watched UHA and Paducah Tilghman and neither team played well at all against really good basketball teams.

 

I agree that was one of the worst coached games I've seen all year. PT stayed in a 3-2 zone and let Mason drill 3's the whole first half. Mason played great on both sides of the ball and if they continue to play like that they should win their second state title.

Tilghman was just over matched in this game. Even if they had taken better care of the ball, they would've gotten beat pretty badly because Mason Co. was on a mission tonight. This was very good to get their starters some rest and let some of the young kids get a feel of Rupp.

Great game and total domination by the Royals. If they play that way this morning it will be a great final. I think they should coast by Shelby.

Is it now okay to say that Mason didn't exactly bring their A game Thursday, or will 16th region homers still kill me for that?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.