Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 71 Belmont 70

Featured Replies

Wisconsin, champions of the Big 10, should have been the other #2 seed

 

They are looking the part themselves, right now.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been saying all year that they were supremely overranked, and now they are over seeded. That said, they again struggled to shoot the three. If they can find that shot, they will keep advancing.

 

You have been saying that all year.:thumb:

Wisconsin, champions of the Big 10, should have been the other #2 seed

 

:thumb:

 

Duke won't last long in this tourney IMO.

^ Survive and advance....they are not a very good ball club, but they move on.

Belmont played a fantastic game..............I love watching a team play the way they did offensively. They made two crucial mistakes in the last minute and Duke took advantage and pulled out the win. The screener on the inbound play really did a poor job screening Nelson which blew up that play, he sets a solid screen and the kid has an open look from about five feet out.

^ Survive and advance....they are not a very good ball club, but they move on.

 

They might win one more and then they are done IMO.

^ I could see that. I hope not, but I could see it.

When I saw that Belmont had the lead and a chance to win it, I wasn't surprised. Yes, it would have been a huge upset, but Duke has done this all year with teams much worse than Belmont.

 

Much like Carolina, you just knew that Duke would likely get the big stop, make the big basket on the other end and escape.

I just knew that we were going to see a Laetner in reverse ending. 2.1 seconds, chance to pull it off....Just didn't happen....

They might win one more and then they are done IMO.

 

 

They could just as easily win three more, and be in San Antonio.

  • Author

I've still got WVU over Duke. Duke will need to snap out of their funk to win the next one.

I don't know how many times I have seen a team escape with one of these types of wins and then make a deep run. IMO a tough loss like this makes Duke a more dangerous team.

Does Belmont still have the two KY boys on the team? I believe Andrew Preston from GRC is probably a senior, and Keaton Belcher from Pendleton Co. is in his 2nd or third year.

As many of you have said Duke is not a legit 2 seed, and I don't see Stanford deserving that either, sorry pioneer, however, you could argue that Wisconsin and Louisville deserve it.

Does Belmont still have the two KY boys on the team? I believe Andrew Preston from GRC is probably a senior, and Keaton Belcher from Pendleton Co. is in his 2nd or third year.

As many of you have said Duke is not a legit 2 seed, and I don't see Stanford deserving that either, sorry pioneer, however, you could argue that Wisconsin and Louisville deserve it.

 

Andrew has graudauated and I saw Belcher's name a few times on the stat sheet on my phone. Didn't see but the game for being at Rupp but looks like I should be glad I missed this one. Hopefully this will wake them up!

Duke and Xavier are both seeded too high , IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.