Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 71 Belmont 70

Featured Replies

Duke and Xavier are both seeded too high , IMO.

 

I thought Xavier should have been a 4 going into the tournament, but Duke is by far more of a fraud than X.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Xavier should have been a 4 going into the tournament, but Duke is by far more of a fraud than X.

 

Yeah no doubt. I thought Xavier should be a 4 at the best and 5 at the worst. Duke should in no way be a 2 seed. They should be in the 3-4 range.

^ When they are on, they can beat anybody. When they aren't...well you saw what happened tonight(As I would guess but didn't watch it).

^ When they are on, they can beat anybody. When they aren't...well you saw what happened tonight(As I would guess but didn't watch it).

 

It was the talk during halftime at Rupp Arena.

^ I'm glad I missed it and witnessed the excellent Elliot Co team too. :thumb:

^ I'm glad I missed it and witnessed the excellent Elliot Co team too. :thumb:

 

I think Elliott earned a lot of respect tonight. I hope the staff gets smart and schedules some big-time games next season. You could tell that Mason was well prepared for the last 2 minutes tonight and Elliott was lacking in experience. I hope they play some top 10 teams next season for preparation.

I think Elliott earned a lot of respect tonight. I hope the staff gets smart and schedules some big-time games next season. You could tell that Mason was well prepared for the last 2 minutes tonight and Elliott was lacking in experience. I hope they play some top 10 teams next season for preparation.

 

I have heard that Elliot will be on GRC's schedule next year.

Duke is probably overseeded, we'll see in a few days.

 

My thoughts on the game though, begin and end with the end. How do you let a guy rebound the ball at one end and dribble, at a non-point guard speed, all the way to the rim?

 

Just my first thoughts.

I normally do not subscribe to this logic, but I felt like Belmont lost that game a lot more than Duke won it. The Bruin players and coaches you could tell were a nervous wreck the final 8 minutes just hoisting up shots left and right.

 

While Duke may not be a solid #2 seed, Belmont is better than a #15. Being where I am from, I get some Belmont games on tv, I knew this game would be tough.

I think they exposed Duke for the fraud they are.

 

:lol:

I became a Belmont fan for a short time yesterday.

Bruins almost got them.

Duke and Xavier are both seeded too high , IMO.

 

Which is why the west leaps out as the weakest bracket by far...and why UCLA got the best draw of the tournament for a #1 seed. I don't see anyone in that bracket, outside of UConn, that has the makeup to be a huge threat to the Bruins. That's not saying they couldn't lose to anyone on a bad day, but that shouldn't happen.

I have to give RP credit, although he pulls for a team I don't particulary care for he is very realistic about their shortcomings. He's one of their biggest fans and agrees they're seeded too high. All of us UK fans could take a lesson and probably be a lot less hated by other fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.