Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds send Bruce to minors

Featured Replies

:confused: Finally draft a player who could put you over the top for many years, and blow it. He will bolt as soon as his contracts up. If he didn't earn it, it would be one thing, but he has. I can see it now...In a few years when it's contract extension time, he won't even listen. He won't forget this, and I won't blame him.

 

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080320&content_id=2446821&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:madman::madman: Who are they going to rotate in CF? Not a good move.

He was doing ok in ST until the quad injury. I don't see a problem here really. He won't forget what that he got hurt in ST? Please give me a break. He will be up in a few months.

He hasnt even played half of a season at AAA. He didn't exactly go out and dominate Spring Training to win a job. The quad injury sure didnt help but I expected that he'd have to have a great spring training to win the job. He didn't even hit over .300 in the spring. He'll be up by the all-star break and all this will blow over.

:confused: Finally draft a player who could put you over the top for many years, and blow it. He will bolt as soon as his contracts up. If he didn't earn it, it would be one thing, but he has. I can see it now...In a few years when it's contract extension time, he won't even listen. He won't forget this, and I won't blame him.

 

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080320&content_id=2446821&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Overreact much???

Well, he is there now, he will be back up the first month of the season.

If he starts the season in Louisville and gets some at bats and is then brought up in June, it delays his free agency by a year.

If he starts the season in Louisville and gets some at bats and is then brought up in June, it delays his free agency by a year.

 

I don't think its that simple. It could certainly delay it but it also depends on the other players who have the same tenure and where he ranks in that group. There is no hard and fast rule regarding a cutoff date as I understand it.

This is the first real sign to me that things are being done the right way, finally.

 

I'm glad they didn't cater to the fans who know not what they speak, and did the right thing in letting him get some more seasoning.

 

Can not hurt him to go down there and kill some AAA pitching for a few months.

:

This is the first real sign to me that things are being done the right way, finally.

 

I'm glad they didn't cater to the fans who know not what they speak, and did the right thing in letting him get some more seasoning.

 

Can not hurt him to go down there and kill some AAA pitching for a few months.

 

:thumb: A lot of people want him up here because he is the next big thing, but he is only 20 years old and didn't do to great during spring training. There is no where to play him right now, He isn't a natural CF. I still think we ship Griff once he hits his 600 to make room for him.

I think its a great move... he is a baby (in age).... if the Reds move Griffey he will come to town faster... he will be in Cincy before season ends but let him start the season in Louey without intense pressure.

  • Author
Overreact much???

 

 

Maybe I do...Effects you how? Give your opinion of the situation, and try and keep the one or two line sarcastic responses to a minimum please. You are a very smart fella when it comes to most subjects on here, but sometimes the sarcasim overshadows your knowledge. Your better than that.

 

Thank you.

Maybe I do...Effects you how? Give your opinion of the situation, and try and keep the one or two line sarcastic responses to a minimum please. You are a very smart fella when it comes to most subjects on here, but sometimes the sarcasim overshadows your knowledge. Your better than that.

 

Thank you.

You freaked out over nothing. Not me...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.