Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official Next IU Head Coach Thread

Next Hoosier Head Coach 71 members have voted

  1. 1. Next Hoosier Head Coach

    • Tony Bennett
      9%
    • Mike Brey
      4%
    • Brad Brownell
      0%
      0
    • Dan Dakich
      7%
    • Scott Drew
      0%
      0
    • Anthony Grant
      4%
    • Chris Lowery
      0%
      0
    • Sean Miller
      9%
    • Bruce Pearl
      12%
    • Kevin Stallings
      15%
    • Steve Alford
      8%
    • Rick Barnes
      4%
    • Tom Crean
      7%
    • Jamie Dixon
      0%
      0
    • Thad Matta
      2%
    • Jay Wright
      4%
    • Other
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Stallings really makes sense to me. Hes been able to win at a high education institution and ran a clean program IMO. I also think that he would bring a toughness that exemplifies Indiana basketball. IMO he would make a lot of sense.

I'm sure IU will get a quality coach.

 

I don't know that Stallings would do well with the light shining that brightly on him.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Minus one little thing. He's a Purdue guy. NO WAY....

 

Are you saying he would not go, or they would not hire him? I think he would make sense to go after though.

Are you saying he would not go, or they would not hire him? I think he would make sense to go after though.

IU will not hire a Purdue guy. Pretty sure I can write this one down...

IU will not hire a Purdue guy. Pretty sure I can write this one down...

 

I had no clue hes a Purdue guy and really don't care. Even if IU don't go after him I think he would make a good replacement, even if they may not go after him.

I had no clue hes a Purdue guy and really don't care. Even if IU don't go after him I think he would make a good replacement, even if they may not go after him.

I'm not disagreeing. Just filling in the blanks...

I'm not disagreeing. Just filling in the blanks...

 

No problem.:thumb:

 

I think Sean Miller could potentially be a good replacement as well.

I think Sean Miller could potentially be a good replacement as well.

 

From what I have been told, Miller has a huge buyout in year 1 of his new deal at X. Unless X makes a deep run, it's big enough to keep IU at bay.

 

If you go back to the Sampson hire, it's clear IU isn't willing to "think big" in terms of what they are willing to pay, and that can trim the field pretty quick.

 

The AD situation is going to make this a lot more interesting before all is said and done...

Talked to our mutual IU friend 98, and he is hearing serious rumblings that Alford is gaining a lot of steam...

 

I am working a project right now for a guy who's parents both work at the university and the three names he hears that keep getting batted around are Miller, the guy from Washington state and Pitino. He said Pitino was up there snooping around the last time they had an opening.

 

He said that Stallings was one of the AD's top 2 choices last time, but was vetod to get Sampson...

 

G

What about the young coach at Butler, Brad Stevens? He's built Butler into a national power the past two years. Seems to have a lot of upside.

What about the young coach at Butler, Brad Stevens? He's built Butler into a national power the past two years. Seems to have a lot of upside.

 

I think Butler was already well established when this guy got the job..... I wouldn't say that he built them....

 

G

  • Author

Excerpt from article today:

 

Bottom Line

While he only has two years of head coaching experience you have to factor in the importance of spending 12 seasons under the guy who has just won the last two national titles. Grant is young but at 41 he is older than many of the candidates we have profiled. He spent four years at Dayton so he does know the midwest. And you have to like his uptempo style in terms of building excitement for fans and what it means on the recruiting trail. And coming from a job like VCU, Grant would definitely be affordable.

 

The issue with Grant is he might be off the table soon as that LA Times story indicates. Indiana better move fast if they view him as a serious candidate. And even if Indiana shows interest, Grant may want to stay in SEC country where he can take advantage of his numerous contacts and enjoy the more familiar warmer weather.

 

If anything happens with Grant it will probably occur quickly so keep an eye out for whether the Rams do get that NCAA invite this Sunday. If they don't they could be a team that makes a long run in the NIT. If the latter happens that may afford an Indiana more time to get sold on him and ready to make the quick move.

^ Which is what labs reported a couple months ago with Grant possibly heading to S. Carolina.

^ Which is what labs reported a couple months ago with Grant possibly heading to S. Carolina.

USC isn't really in the running. They want him, but it doesn't sound mutual...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.