March 10, 200818 yr The only scenario I see UK not making the tournament in now would be if UK got blown out the first game of the tournament by Georgia. A blow out by Ole Miss may not even knock them out.
March 10, 200818 yr If they won the SEC tourney I could most definately see a 5-6 seed being that we would be one of the hottest teams in the land only losing two games in about a month and a half + span in a not so shabby SEC. Without it we are an 8-9 seed.
March 10, 200818 yr I hope we don't get stuck in the 7-10 range and have to play a 1 or 2 seed in the second round yet again. I would love to see a setup that would allow the Cats to at least make an interesting run.
March 10, 200818 yr Although the SEC is down they still have a solid conference record, I'd say there in barring a first round blowout, but don't see any higher than a 6 if they win the tourney.
March 10, 200818 yr If the matchup worked out right and they played both Vandy and the Vols and got the wins along with the SEC title then I could see them being a 5th seed with them two quality wins. The Vandy win would also strike out the beat down we took giving us a 2-1 record againest a top team as Vandy. We would also then have a 2-1 record againest a top 5 team as the Vols.. This situation may give us a chance since that would put us at right at 20 wins and boost our RPI tremendouly. I dont see 2 big wins in a roll in our future with Patterson out but thats also why we play the games. We also don't have the pressure on us past the first game because after that everyone in the country thinks we are suppose to loose. Opening a few eyes by at least getting to the finals could jump us up at least 2 or 3 spots. Go for the gold Cats!!!
March 10, 200818 yr I hope you are right. 49 RPI as of today. Would be lower with a loss in the first game of the SEC tournament. If UK is 18-12, I will still be sweating on Sunday. 18 wins would be one of the lowest among at large bids. A win on Friday and I am in the same camp with you. Just not ready to say they are a lock quite yet. They're a lock.
March 10, 200818 yr Best case scenario is a 6 seed and that would put us in the 6-11 game and then against a 3-14 game, which is better than having a 2nd round against a 1 or 2 seed. Even if we win the SECT, I think it'll likely be a 7 seed, but would hope for a 6.. If we make the championship game and lose in the finals, I can see us as an 8-9 seed, which wouldn't be good..A loss in the semi's or 1st game would put us in as a 10-11..Hopefully, an 11, for the reasons mentioned above..
March 10, 200818 yr A 5 seed would mean that they're one of the Top 20 teams in the country. Given the way UK has finished their season and then winning the SECT, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to rank UK there. Personally I think a 6 is about as good as we can hope for though. The fact that UK, and SEC tourny Champs is even being used in the same breath, is what so amazing. With all the termoil this Team has dealt with this year, I am so proud of the way they have steped up. I think at one time or another this year, most fans would agree, that they weren't totally sold on where UK BB was headed, I know I wasn't. But wow I guess...Up and down most of the year, a couple losses that weren't suppose to happen, or were they? Injuries ALL year long to the one player, I think we all thought was going to be the best palyer on the Team. Jasper out for a good portion of the year, and then they lose the player we NOW thinks the best player on the Team? Well, I for one now think I know what direction this Team is headed, and I like it.:thumb: I'm not sure if this Team can win this SECT, but wouldn't that be something? As far as seeds go, a higher seed would be good I guess, but even if it were a 16, I would still be very proud of this Team.
March 10, 200818 yr If they WIN the SEC tournament, they COULD jump up to a 6 seed. Lose in the first round of the SEC tournament, and they COULD be an 11 seed. There is just no way to know until the games are played!
March 10, 200818 yr I don't see anything better than a 7 if they win. I agree with Gunner in saying the at large is not guarenteed, but the probability of being in is very high. If they lost bad to UGA/Ole Miss, and a combination of one bid mid major leauges became two bid leauges, and Syracuse, or other teams that HAVE to win their coference tournament do, it could add up to UK being out. Very slim possibility of this happening, but it is March Madness after all.
March 10, 200818 yr If they WIN the SEC tournament, they COULD jump up to a 6 seed. Lose in the first round of the SEC tournament, and they COULD be an 11 seed. There is just no way to know until the games are played! :thumb: I agree.
March 10, 200818 yr Personally, I think Kentucky is a #10 seed at this point. I think they move up one seed with each win in the Conference Tournament.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.