Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brett Favre to Retire

Featured Replies

Excellent post, I agree with everything that you said here.

Brett Favre was no doubt my favorite NFL player (and I usually can't stand qb's -lol). Favre was a "football player" first and not one of the "cookie cutter/pretty boy" take a dive QB's that absolutely litter the NFL.

 

Goodbye and good luck in the future to true NFL and Green Bay Packer icon and legend. My opinion the best to ever play the game along with Montana. Brett Favre was a winner in every sense of the word.

 

Brett Favres records, forget the waiting period, put him in the HOF now!

 

Most TD passes - 442

Most passing yards - 61,655

Most pass completions - 5,377

Most pass attempts - 8,758

Most seasons with 3,000 plus yards passing - 16

Most interceptions thrown - 288

 

I had to add a "0" to the most seasons with 3,000 yds. plus passing quote.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agent: Favre wanted to play one more year

 

Interesting item from Tom Silverstein on the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel website. Silverstein quotes Favre's agent, Buss Cook, as saying that Favre wanted to play one more year, but that he felt the Packers didn't want him back.

 

"It's my opinion," Cook said of the Packers' lack of interest. "I know he wants to play one more year. I do not know much conversation there was (between Favre and the Packers) and I don't think anyone forced him to make that decision. But I don't know that anyone tried to talk him out of it."

 

More Cook: "I think he wanted to play. I think he's still got it. He knows he's still got it. I think he felt he could play one more year. I don't know if they told him they really wanted him to play. That's just the feeling I got."

 

Cook was asked whether he thought Favre could be talked into returning: "I don't know," he said.

 

It gets curiouser and curiouser.

 

link

Trivia question: Who caught Brett Favre's last pass?

Trivia question: Who caught Brett Favre's last pass?

 

:lol:

hb20, I'm not even going to acknowledge your little trivia question. We all know the Giants won the game and the Super Bowl, you had your moment, now let Favre have his.

 

As a Packers fan, this is a very sad day, but it should also be a day to enjoy the career and accomplishments of #4. oldrambler has already given us the vast list of his achievements, so today I'm just going to enjoy those.

 

Congratulations to Favre, he had an amazing career, and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He ends his career on one of his best seasons ever, and will be remembered as one of the top 5 NFL QB's of all time.

hb20, I'm not even going to acknowledge your little trivia question. We all know the Giants won the game and the Super Bowl, you had your moment, now let Favre have his.

 

As a Packers fan, this is a very sad day, but it should also be a day to enjoy the career and accomplishments of #4. oldrambler has already given us the vast list of his achievements, so today I'm just going to enjoy those.

 

Congratulations to Favre, he had an amazing career, and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He ends his career on one of his best seasons ever, and will be remembered as one of the top 5 NFL QB's of all time.

 

It was an honest question!

 

I'm not sure that my asking that question will in some how affect Brett Favre's "moment". If he reads this site and it does affect his moment...then that's great news for BGP, because Brett Favre is a member!

 

I'm a big Favre fan. I honestly root for the Packers at all times (if they're not playing the Giants). I have family from Wisconsin, that are HUGE Packers fans so I want nothing but the best for them. Had they won the NFC title game, I would have cheered for them to beat the Pats. It's a sad day for Packer fans, but it's also an exciting day. Exciting because change is always exciting. You get to see a new QB for the first time in years. Who knows, Aaron Rodgers could be great.

A better question would have been, who caught Brett Favre's first pass?

It is a sad :cry: day in our household today as we are BIG Brett Favre fans. The guy played with an endless passion and loved the game like he was still a boy.

 

The league will miss Brett Favre and all he brought to the game on and off the field!

 

Congrats to Brett on a TREMENDOUS career!:thumb:

Excellent post, I agree with everything that you said here.

Brett Favre was no doubt my favorite NFL player (and I usually can't stand qb's -lol). Favre was a "football player" first and not one of the "cookie cutter/pretty boy" take a dive QB's that absolutely litter the NFL.

 

Goodbye and good luck in the future to true NFL and Green Bay Packer icon and legend. My opinion the best to ever play the game along with Montana. Brett Favre was a winner in every sense of the word.

 

Brett Favres records, forget the waiting period, put him in the HOF now!

Most TD passes - 442

Most passing yards - 61,655

Most pass completions - 5,377

Most pass attempts - 8,758

Most seasons with 3,00 plus yards passing - 16

Most interceptions thrown - 288

 

If this was the NHL they could vote go skip the waiting period and do just that!

The loss to the Giants took a lot out of Brett. I expected him to retire. If he did.

Wow, I didn't see that coming this year... Figured he'd give it one more year...

 

Same here. I thought they were in great position to contend again. Not that they won't under Rodgers; I just figured Favre would make one more try at a ring.

I've listened to guys all day long that are close to him and he has competed against. It is almost like somebody I cared about passed away! We have all lived through the ups and downs with an icon IMO. The guy was the ultimate warrior and his QB start streak is as impressive as any in any sport. He is set to announce right now I think. I've heard guys like Much, Antonie Freeman etc. They had some amazing stories on him! They are bringing on Jonn Randell and trying to get Sapp on tomorrow on Sirius NFL Raido (those 2 should be great interviews). They have told behind the scenes stories on him all day and they were exactly what you thought they would be! Funny, competitive, compassionate, passionate etc. One example Freeman gave was when the offense was running on the field in practice and the special teams were running off. He said Farve was jumping up and down (like a kid) yelling for them to hustle onto the field. Then all the sudden he jerked the special teams coachs shorts to his ankles. He said half the team fell to the ground while the other have froze. They were all cracking up on air saying "Brett Farve is the only man that could jerk the coaches pants to his ankles and not get killed but instead everybody including the coach in his jock strap were cracking up".

I've got some good stories I've heard and read on him in the past that I'll post later if I can find time.

He was the most fun QB in the NFL to watch last year. Will they go with Rogers or try to draft a QB?

He was the most fun QB in the NFL to watch last year. Will they go with Rogers or try to draft a QB?

 

Aaron Rodgers will start at QB next year for Green Bay. In his limited action this year he looked good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.