Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brett Favre to Retire

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he really does. I don't want to be subjected to the "Brett Favre Retirement Tour" again.

 

Now we'll finally get to see what Rodgers can do...

Wow, I didn't see that coming this year... Figured he'd give it one more year...

3 sub-par seasons in a row when we all question wheter or not he should retire, than he comes back last season and has one of his best seasons ever, then he officially retires.

Jay Glazier broke the story but just said it isn't totally true until Brett announces it in public. He said that it had nothing to do with not getting Moss etc. It all came down to him just being worn out. I really hope he isn't gone but if he is it was great to see him go out on top of his game. He will always be one of my all time favorites! He's one of the few guys I will watch a game just to see him play.

Congrats to Favre. Surprising, but when you're done you're done! Would have liked to see him for another year but now I am anxious to see what Rogers can do!

He had a great year, I expected him to give it a go one more time. He has done enough though he can retire and be happy.

Jay Glazier broke the story but just said it isn't totally true until Brett announces it in public. He said that it had nothing to do with not getting Moss etc. It all came down to him just being worn out. I really hope he isn't gone but if he is it was great to see him go out on top of his game. He will always be one of my all time favorites! He's one of the few guys I will watch a game just to see him play.

 

Wouldn't surprise me if it was false, seems like every other "scoop" on the NFL in the last two weeks has been wrong. :lol:

He got his records, had a good run and now he can retire happily. He has a Super Bowl ring, so retirement comes a little easier than it would to someone that doesn't.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was false, seems like every other "scoop" on the NFL in the last two weeks has been wrong. :lol:

 

If it were ESPN...er...BSPN reporting it, I wouldn't believe it at all.

Jay Glazier broke the story but just said it isn't totally true until Brett announces it in public. He said that it had nothing to do with not getting Moss etc. It all came down to him just being worn out. I really hope he isn't gone but if he is it was great to see him go out on top of his game. He will always be one of my all time favorites! He's one of the few guys I will watch a game just to see him play.

 

Excellent post, I agree with everything that you said here.

Brett Favre was no doubt my favorite NFL player (and I usually can't stand qb's -lol). Favre was a "football player" first and not one of the "cookie cutter/pretty boy" take a dive QB's that absolutely litter the NFL.

 

Goodbye and good luck in the future to true NFL and Green Bay Packer icon and legend. My opinion the best to ever play the game along with Montana. Brett Favre was a winner in every sense of the word.

 

Brett Favres records, forget the waiting period, put him in the HOF now!

 

Most TD passes - 442

Most passing yards - 61,655

Most pass completions - 5,377

Most pass attempts - 8,758

Most seasons with 3,00 plus yards passing - 16

Most interceptions thrown - 288

Whats John Madden going to do.

Exactly my thoughts. This will all but end his world.

I'm not buying it yet. Even though he didn't make it to the SB, I think this would be a good time to hang them up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.