Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brett Favre to Retire

Featured Replies

It's hard to believe that it all started against the Bengals in 1992 when he replaced the Magic Man, led the Packers to a come-from-behind 24-23 win, and never looked back.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to miss watching him play. He was definitely one of my favorite players in the league. He truly played for the love of the game, and not the love of the money and fame. How many players, let along QBs, do you see throwing players over their shoulder or sprinting down the field after a TD? He was a joy to watch.

Called this 10 mins after the NFC champ game.

 

Fantasy advice.... snag Rodgers at a back up QB at the least.

I hope he really does. I don't want to be subjected to the "Brett Favre Retirement Tour" again.

 

Now we'll finally get to see what Rodgers can do...

 

:rolleyes:

 

I would much rather see Brett Favre play with all the excitement and passion he brings to the game than see what Aaron Rodgers can do. Its sad, the NFL lost one of its most amazing players.

Congrats to Favre! What an amazing career.

I never thought of Brett Favre the QB, I always referred to him as Brett Favre the football player.

Thanks for the memories Brett.:thumb:

On ESPN right now... It's gonna bring a tear to my eye..

As a diehard Dallas fan I hate to see Favre retire. WE OWNED HIM!

 

Classy..

I am a long time huge Packer fan and he is my favorite player of all time. I will miss #4 there will never be another like him!

As a diehard Dallas fan I hate to see Favre retire. WE OWNED HIM!

 

Dallas hasn't owned ANYONE for the past decade...

 

How long has it been since they won a playoff game?

hb20, I'm not even going to acknowledge your little trivia question. We all know the Giants won the game and the Super Bowl, you had your moment, now let Favre have his.

 

As a Packers fan, this is a very sad day, but it should also be a day to enjoy the career and accomplishments of #4. oldrambler has already given us the vast list of his achievements, so today I'm just going to enjoy those.

 

Congratulations to Favre, he had an amazing career, and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He ends his career on one of his best seasons ever, and will be remembered as one of the top 5 NFL QB's of all time.

 

:thumb::thumb: I could probably go higher than top 5 qb's. I am not getting into that now, just enjoying his accomplishements and as a Packer fan, spending time thinking back and experiencing a little sadness as well. The pc a little while ago was very emotional. I wish #4 the best in whatever he wants to do in the future, and by the way one funny part of that conference to me was when the one guy ask what he was going to do now and Farve had a very in depth answer and I quote.............."Nothing".:lol::lol:

 

Thanks for the memories Brett. :thumb:

:rolleyes:

 

I would much rather see Brett Favre play with all the excitement and passion he brings to the game than see what Aaron Rodgers can do. Its sad, the NFL lost one of its most amazing players.

 

Great post LMB :thumb:. The NFL just had one of it's best role models and ambassadors of the game retire. Farve was one of a rare breed and getting more so................"A Football Player" that will lay it all out on the field every time out to win and and more importantly for the love of the game and not the love of the "camera's" or the "$$$$$$".

Brett Farve is class in every sense of the word, the man is all about family first and has been through a lot in the last several years.

 

As far as I am concerned the NFL should have a new logo, put a sillouette(spelling?) of Favre on the logo like the NBA had with Jerry West.

On ESPN right now... It's gonna bring a tear to my eye..

 

I was watching that today, and it was just sad to watch. :cry:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.