Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clark Stepp

Featured Replies

I was reading the thread about the JBS and Letcher game, and I seen a lot of people were putting Clark Stepp under the bus.

 

Sure, maybe the staff padded his stats, and he shot the ball too much, but I'm not going to put all that on the Kid. Its all on the Coaching staff, they made Clark Stepp believe it was OK, to shoot like he did. This kid has a lot skill and is a hard worker. But the staff hurt him way more than they helped him. The staff made him believe his whole life that everything he did on the court was OK.

 

No, I'm not from JBS, I just hate what they did with this kid. I don't think Stepp is a D-1 player, but he will make a good small college player and get his school paid for.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading the thread about the JBS and Letcher game, and I seen a lot of people were putting Clark Stepp under the bus.

 

Sure, maybe the staff padded his stats, and he shot the ball too much, but I'm not going to put all that on the Kid. Its all on the Coaching staff, they made Clark Stepp believe it was OK, to shoot like he did. This kid has a lot skill and is a hard worker. But the staff hurt him way more than they helped him. The staff made him believe his whole life that everything he did on the court was OK.

 

No, I'm not from JBS, I just hate what they did with this kid. I don't think Stepp is a D-1 player, but he will make a good small college player and get his school paid for.

 

If I recall there was a Stepp from Eastern Kentucky in the late 70's that was a great scorer (like 50/game) that was even in the running for Mr. Basketball. I never got to see him play, but would have like to. I don't care if a guy shoots a lot or not to average 50ppg ( this was pre 3 pt.shot), he still would hit 50% from the field unless he hit a ton of free throws game. I think most coaches would like to see a 50% field goal shooter. Any relation to that guy? I think his first name was Erwin or something like that.

Ervin Stepp led the state in scoring in 1980. I think he's Clark Stepp's uncle.

Ervin averaged 53 pts per game his senior season.

 

Taken from Mike Fields Blog:

 

Ervin Stepp has 37 points in his last high school game as Phelps loses to Elkhorn City in the district tournament. Stepp finishes the season with 1,502 points in 28 games for a national-record 53.6 scoring average

I agree TOP, Clark is just a kid and it can't all be put on him. The coaches (which are his family, uncles I think) should have worked more with him about being a more all-around player. I wish him only the best. I know that some d-1 schools were looking at him this summer during aau but not sure if he can play at that level.

Ervin averaged 53 pts per game his senior season.

 

Taken from Mike Fields Blog:

 

Ervin Stepp has 37 points in his last high school game as Phelps loses to Elkhorn City in the district tournament. Stepp finishes the season with 1,502 points in 28 games for a national-record 53.6 scoring average

 

I am sure this is the guy. I remember he went to college, but never knew how he did. Again, long before everything was at your fingertips.

I think he signed with EKU.

Clark will have a guaranteed college career at Alice Lloyd, if he so chooses.

There is usually a correlation between big-time high school scores and tournament losses. Most teams have big scorers because they have no one else on the team that can play. Some of those Phelps teams with Ervin Stepp were the same.

 

Unfortunately, JBS wasn't that kind of team. They had skill in several positions and could have won the 14th Region. This team would have been much better off with Clark averaging 20 per game and getting all of the other teammates more involved. But, alas...

If I recall there was a Stepp from Eastern Kentucky in the late 70's that was a great scorer (like 50/game) that was even in the running for Mr. Basketball. I never got to see him play, but would have like to. I don't care if a guy shoots a lot or not to average 50ppg ( this was pre 3 pt.shot), he still would hit 50% from the field unless he hit a ton of free throws game. I think most coaches would like to see a 50% field goal shooter. Any relation to that guy? I think his first name was Erwin or something like that.

 

Oh yes, Ervin Stepp would shoot it in his sleep.

Joe Stepp played at Morehead in the mid-70's. :thumb:

 

I believe Joe is Erwin's big brother.

Ervin Stepp was Mr. Basketball in 1980; he averaged over 50 PPG his junior and senior years in high school. He went to EKU where his brother Jimmy Stepp was already a starting guard - between the two of them, I think everyone would agree that Jimmy was the more talented player. I think he lasted 1-2 years at Eastern and then transferred to Alice Lloyd, I think. I was told that Jimmy Stepp is Clark's father, and I also was told that there was another Stepp playing at June Buchanon - anybody got confirmation of that?

Ervin Stepp was Mr. Basketball in 1980; he averaged over 50 PPG his junior and senior years in high school. He went to EKU where his brother Jimmy Stepp was already a starting guard - between the two of them, I think everyone would agree that Jimmy was the more talented player. I think he lasted 1-2 years at Eastern and then transferred to Alice Lloyd, I think. I was told that Jimmy Stepp is Clark's father, and I also was told that there was another Stepp playing at June Buchanon - anybody got confirmation of that?

 

Clint Stepp, Clark's younger brother will be a junior next year for JBS.

I think it was the way over-inflated assist numbers they credited to Clark that ruffled feathers.

Stepp, James Vice President for Administration of Alice Lloyd College

 

Stepp, Joe President of Alice Lloyd College

 

Where they are today.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.