Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clark Stepp

Featured Replies

I'm not sure where Clark will continue his basketball career, but I can tell you from personal experience, this is a very bright, unselfish, high character kid

who just wants to win.

He will have a lot of success past basketball :thumb:

  • Replies 50
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was also fed the ball, not many of the other player shot and that is why Phelps never went anywhere when he played. I was at the game one night and counted the shots he took , that night he took over 80 ( been a long time ) . So IMO if others took that many shots they might score that many also. Why would any coach want to just highlight one player, and forget about winning the game ,could it be the coach was his brother.

 

 

80 shots? I would highly doubt that but if you seen it you seen it!!!

 

Yes I was AT the game , my sister was cheering, and this night I conted on paper the shots he took . :irked:

Yes I was AT the game , my sister was cheering, and this night I conted on paper the shots he took . :irked:

 

I didn't think you could count that high Liberty:D

Watched Stepp the last 2 years. Very impressed with his skills and ball IQ. Hope he gets a good Scholly, and we get to see him at the next level.

I received this e-mail from a friend of mine this morning:

 

I've got a good source that is a friend to Clark Stepp that stated coach

Gillispie has called him twice this week. He wants him and his family to

sit behind the bench for the Florida game. Bruce Pearl has called once, and

Georgetown College has offered.

I received this e-mail from a friend of mine this morning:

 

I've got a good source that is a friend to Clark Stepp that stated coach

Gillispie has called him twice this week. He wants him and his family to

sit behind the bench for the Florida game. Bruce Pearl has called once, and

Georgetown College has offered.

 

UK will not want him once they find out it is a package , with another step getting position on the coaching staff.

UK will not want him once they find out it is a package , with another step getting position on the coaching staff.

 

I'd say Billy G would handle that situation with a smirky grin :thumb:

Georgetown College would be a good fit for him and I think he would do well there. But I'm sure if they offered him a walk on spot at UK who wouldn't take that. That would be a great opportunity for him and would wish him the best of luck.

Give this kid some credit. He can play. Not sure if he is at the UK/UT level, but Billy G loves walk ons. The only downfall Clark has is his coaching staff. Get him under a coach who doesn't focus everything on him and I think he will be better. If he would've used Cox, Short, and Collins more, his numbers would've been better. Things would've opened up more for him.

He might have won Mr. Basketball in 1980, but he was not the best player in the state. The best player in KY in 1980 was Dicky Beal of Covington Holmes...who finished runner-up to Stepp.

 

Beal went on to have a fine career at UK(led UK to the Final Four), while Stepp did absolutely nothing at EKU.

 

 

Reminds me of Kevin Walls of New Jersey, in High School he averaged 45 ppg.

Signed with Louisville in 85 or 86 and did absolutley nothing. There is so much more to the game than just shooting it every time you get the ball.

I received this e-mail from a friend of mine this morning:

 

I've got a good source that is a friend to Clark Stepp that stated coach

Gillispie has called him twice this week. He wants him and his family to

sit behind the bench for the Florida game. Bruce Pearl has called once, and

Georgetown College has offered.

He'd better take the Georgetown offer if he wants a chance to play and not sit next to the water cooler. And even that's not a guarantee, even at Georgetown. They're presently 30-0, ranked #1 in the nation, and have been known in recent years to scare the socks off highly ranked D-1 teams.

I received this e-mail from a friend of mine this morning:

 

I've got a good source that is a friend to Clark Stepp that stated coach

Gillispie has called him twice this week. He wants him and his family to

sit behind the bench for the Florida game. Bruce Pearl has called once, and

Georgetown College has offered.

 

I recieved an e-mail yesterday from a friend in Pippa Passes and told me point blank that Kentucky did not invite Clark to the game, that Joe Stepp called and ask for tickets and then stated to the news folks that UK called them. This info came from within the JBS inner circle. The have a propaganda machine up there pushing for Clark to get as much recognition as possible. Cant blame them for that, He was offered a slot at Georgetown and it does seem to be the best fit. Wish him well in the future in a better situation he may just flourish.

I recieved an e-mail yesterday from a friend in Pippa Passes and told me point blank that Kentucky did not invite Clark to the game, that Joe Stepp called and ask for tickets and then stated to the news folks that UK called them. This info came from within the JBS inner circle. The have a propaganda machine up there pushing for Clark to get as much recognition as possible. Cant blame them for that, He was offered a slot at Georgetown and it does seem to be the best fit. Wish him well in the future in a better situation he may just flourish.

 

Whether this is true or not I'm sure Billy G would consider having another walk on.

Whether this is true or not I'm sure Billy G would consider having another walk on.

 

Why would Kentucky need another walk on, be real there are alot of better athletes out there including in the jr college schools.

Watched Stepp the last 2 years. Very impressed with his skills and ball IQ. Hope he gets a good Scholly, and we get to see him at the next level.

 

Clark is a good shooter with good offensive skills and I for one would be thrilled to see an Eastern Ky Kid do well at a high D-1 school. Clark playing for his uncle like his uncle Ervin playing for his brother has been put in sitution to put up big numbers on offense. His uncle Ervin struggled while playing against the athletic kids in the OVC when he was at mid-major Eastern Ky. University before transferring to Alice Lloyd. I do think Clark like his Uncle Ervin is a D-1 shooter and he appears a little quicker. I just don't know if he has the athleticism or the rest of the game to succeed at a high D-1 like a UK/UT/UF or the like. I do hope he gets the D-1 offer and that he does do well at that level.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.