Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 66 Newport 57

Featured Replies

Wasn't at the game but would love to here from those that were.

A lot closer than I expected, guessing Newports' athletes kept them in this one?

Congrats Highlands. Any stats?

Did McGraw play?

Did McGraw play?

 

Yes McGraw did play. Newport played well tonight. It was a good game to watch, alot of action in this one. Great season for the Wildcats and good luck to the Birds in the regional next week.

Yes McGraw did play. Newport played well tonight. It was a good game to watch, alot of action in this one. Great season for the Wildcats and good luck to the Birds in the regional next week.

 

Nice showing by Newport. Does this mean its now HHS and Bellevue?

Nice showing by Newport. Does this mean its now HHS and Bellevue?

 

Yep......

As I read in another game thread, the officiating left a lot to be desired in this one as well. Highlands did not seem to play with a sense of urgency which may be a direct result of the game on Monday. Newport played well and probably shot 60+ percent from the field in the second half. McGraw had a pretty fair night with somewhere around 15 points. Simpson was probably the leading scorer for the Birds and Michael Eaton had another one of his typical games lately. This kid is the glue for this team much like David Schulkers was in their run to the state semi's years ago.

As I read in another game thread, the officiating left a lot to be desired in this one as well. Highlands did not seem to play with a sense of urgency which may be a direct result of the game on Monday. Newport played well and probably shot 60+ percent from the field in the second half. McGraw had a pretty fair night with somewhere around 15 points. Simpson was probably the leading scorer for the Birds and Michael Eaton had another one of his typical games lately. This kid is the glue for this team much like David Schulkers was in their run to the state semi's years ago.

 

 

I hear that alot!!! Who's on the payroll!!! :D

As I read in another game thread, the officiating left a lot to be desired in this one as well. Highlands did not seem to play with a sense of urgency which may be a direct result of the game on Monday. Newport played well and probably shot 60+ percent from the field in the second half. McGraw had a pretty fair night with somewhere around 15 points. Simpson was probably the leading scorer for the Birds and Michael Eaton had another one of his typical games lately. This kid is the glue for this team much like David Schulkers was in their run to the state semi's years ago.

 

Steven K. had another nice game for the Birds. He always seems to be in the right spot to score. Again, I agree the officiating almost ruins the game. I don't know how the coaches keep their cool. I'm not talking about the tough calls, blatent traveling and missed goal tending calls. It's hard to believe all 3 officials can not see it.

Steven K. had another nice game for the Birds. He always seems to be in the right spot to score. Again, I agree the officiating almost ruins the game. I don't know how the coaches keep their cool. I'm not talking about the tough calls, blatent traveling and missed goal tending calls. It's hard to believe all 3 officials can not see it.

 

Who were the officials? They should have been some of the best in the 9th.

A little surprised by the margin of victory by the Birds, but a W is a W. Congrats HHS

Who were the officials? They should have been some of the best in the 9th.

 

The worst in the 9th region was doing this game. Tall blonde guy. Usually is over on north Dixie hwy. Coach Schlarman had scratched this guy. I guess that doesn't matter when they get in the tournaments. Again officials were horrible for both sides. 5 double dribbles not called. The non goal tending call on Simpson's layup was terrible. We played it back on tape, and I just think mabe they don't know the rules. Newport has a nice team. I said in the prediction thread this could be a trap game for Highlands and it was. Now do you take it easy and get some rest for the starters against Bellevue, or do you run them off the floor?

Now do you take it easy and get some rest for the starters against Bellevue, or do you run them off the floor?

 

I would get a good run out and then rest. The Birds have to go into the game as if it was any other game. When they get a big lead then start the subing. If I was coaching I would do it that way.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.