Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 66 Newport 57

Featured Replies

24 and 22 for Newport played some great ball. They did an awesome job containing McGraw (as much as anyone can). I was very impressed. That being said, McGraw and Simpson still had a bunch.

Will the finals also be a Gals/Guys doubleheader?

Will the finals also be a Gals/Guys doubleheader?

 

According to khsaa.org the Girls play Friday, Feb. 29th @ 7:00 p.m. and the Boys play Saturday, Mar. 1st @ 7:00 p.m.

Nice win for the Birds!

 

Birds win big in the next one.

The worst in the 9th region was doing this game. Tall blonde guy. Usually is over on north Dixie hwy. Coach Schlarman had scratched this guy. I guess that doesn't matter when they get in the tournaments. Again officials were horrible for both sides. 5 double dribbles not called. The non goal tending call on Simpson's layup was terrible. We played it back on tape, and I just think mabe they don't know the rules. Newport has a nice team. I said in the prediction thread this could be a trap game for Highlands and it was. Now do you take it easy and get some rest for the starters against Bellevue, or do you run them off the floor?

 

If you scratch an official you will not have him for the tournaments either.

If you scratch an official you will not have him for the tournaments either.

 

Maybe someone from Clay Co. can give us a better understanding of this? :rolleyes:

If you scratch an official you will not have him for the tournaments either.

 

That's what I was wondering. It was second hand info that this guy had been scratched. If I was going to scratch a 9th region official, it would most definetly be this guy.

I'm not talking about the tough calls, blatent traveling and missed goal tending calls. It's hard to believe all 3 officials can not see it.

 

Goaltending? I can't tell you the last time I've actually seen a GT in high school. What happened on this one?

Goaltending? I can't tell you the last time I've actually seen a GT in high school. What happened on this one?

 

3 in this game. They only called one. Most blatant was layup by Simpson that was swept off the rim by a Wildcat. The other missed was an offensive goal tend. Newport player hit the ball while it was on the rim. The one they did call was offensive on Newport. The Wildcats can definetly play above the rim.

Maybe someone from Clay Co. can give us a better understanding of this? :rolleyes:

 

You'd be glad to know the student sections were both in rare form:ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.